Chapter 4

Danny woke up at around seven in the morning. He used his enhanced hearing to see if anyone else was awake. He heard footsteps in the room next to him, so Dick must have been up. He also heard two heartbeats coming from downstairs. So, Bruce and Alfred were also awake. Danny got out of bed and realized that he hadn't even changed into his pajamas the night before. He quickly put on a fresh set of clothes.

He was about to leave his room when there was a knock at his door. "Come in..." he said quietly.

It was Dick. He was smiling at him, "Hey, I thought I would come to get you for breakfast. Alfred made pancakes and trust me; you don't want to miss out! Does that sound okay?" Danny nodded and followed him out the door.

Bruce looked up from his newspaper when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "Good morning Dick. Good morning Danny. Did you sleep well?" he simply nodded and sat down in the seat next to Dick.

Alfred walked in a moment later, carrying three plates of pancakes. "Here you go, master Daniel." He said placing a plate in front of Danny.

Bruce saw Danny tense at the name. "He actually prefers Danny."

"My apologies, master Danny," Alfred said giving him a small bow.

Danny seemed to relax a bit. For some reason, he seemed to really dislike being called Daniel...

"Well," Bruce looked over at Danny. "After breakfast, would you like Dick and I to take you on a tour of the manor?" Danny shrugged and didn't lookup. Bruce reminded himself that he needed to be patient with the boy. It's only been a week since the incident. These things take time. Bruce didn't say anything else and breakfast went on as normal.

Dick wasn't trying to spy on Danny or anything, but he couldn't help but notice how he barely touched his food. However, it wasn't that he just sat there and didn't eat anything. No, he went through the motions of eating. Cutting up his food, occasionally taking a drink, wiping his face with a napkin. However, he didn't actually put the food in his mouth. He took a couple of bites, but that's about it. The poor guy must still be really depressed.

Once breakfast was over Dick and Bruce took Danny on a tour of the manor. Dick kept looking over at Danny as Bruce told him about the different rooms, but nothing seemed to faze him. He didn't really seem excited about any of this stuff.

However, that changed when Bruce showed him the library. Dick watched as Danny's eyes lit up in wonder. Dick saw this as his opportunity to get to know him a bit better. "So, you like to read?"

Danny was grinning, "Yeah I do."

"What's your favorite book?" Bruce asked.

Danny continued to smile as he looked around the room. "There's this one series I really like. It's about a guy who fights fantasy creatures. It's really good. My friend..." his smile disappeared in an instant. "My uh... my friend... Sam introduced me to it..." Before Dick or Bruce could say anything, he walked out of the room and continued down the hall. Dick sighed as the tour went on, they had been so close...

~time skip~

After the tour, Danny had told Bruce and Dick that he was tired, and he wanted to take a nap before dinner. That was a total lie. As soon as Danny got to his room, he transformed into his ghost form. He took a look at himself in the mirror and tousled his snow-white hair. He hadn't had a chance to change ever since the day of the incident and it was really starting to hurt.

A few months after the accident, Danny realized that if he went too long without going ghost, it started to get painful. Like, there was all of this energy built up inside of him, that he needed to release. Danny sighed as he let himself float a couple of inches off the ground. These powers had caused him so much pain, however, he did have to admit that he couldn't imagine life without them.

Danny was about to transform back when suddenly his ghost sense went off. He quickly went to the balcony and saw something glowing off in the distance. Danny didn't hesitate to chase after it.

Danny followed the ghost into the city. He was eventually able to corner it and realized it was one of the ectopuses. He glared at it. Vlad must have sent it here. Probably to spy on him. Danny uncapped his Fenton Thermos and sucked the ghost inside. He then concentrated and tested out the trick that Clockwork had taught him.

He held out his hands, and slowly a green portal opened in front of him. A portal to the Ghost Zone. It wasn't huge, but it was big enough to send the ectopus back to where it belonged.

Once he was finished, Danny took a look around. He had no idea where he was. He had been so busy following the ghost, that he hadn't been paying attention to where he was going. If he was going to continue his ghost fighting, Danny would have to make himself more familiar with Gotham. But he could do that later. For now, it was time to go home. However, little did he know... that he was still being watched...

(A/N - Hey guys! Thanks for reading! It really means a lot. I hope you like the story so far. Remember, stay whelmed and go ghost! :) See you next week!)