Chapter 42

"So, let me get this straight, you were attacked by some kind of genie?"

"Yes sir." The three were currently trying to explain what had happened. And Bruce was very confused.

"I wouldn't exactly say we were attacked." Dick commented. "more like, caught in the crossfire. She wasn't actually after any of us. She was attacking Danny Phantom."

"If it was a genie, why didn't you just wish her to go away?" Bruce asked.

Danny slumped and hit his head on the table, "Why didn't I think of that?" he started mumbling about something, but with his face against the table they couldn't understand him. Something about "Jazz" and "would have figured it out."

"Don't beat yourself up." Dick put a hand on his shoulder. "Besides, Danny Phantom had it covered."

"If he had it covered, he would have prevented the car crash in the first place." He mumbled, "Not to mention, he would have remembered that Desiree's weakness is wishes. Plus, he would have known why Plasmius was trying to capture him." He looked up and saw the others staring at him. "But, what do I know." He stood up, "I'm going to my room."

Bruce watched as he walked up the stairs. "Very strange..."

"Bruce..." he looked over at Dick, "I uh... I didn't tell you the whole story." The two men looked at him confused. "Before the accident, Danny had fallen asleep. At one point, he started talking to himself. I didn't understand much but he mentioned the name Vlad, and he said 'going ghost' for some reason. That last part probably isn't important. But... we only know one Vlad..."

"And he's a criminal." Bruce finished. "We need to keep a very close eye on Danny. He might not be on our side." Dick looked down. He was afraid he would say that...

~time skip~

Once Danny was in his room, he flew up into the ceiling and put the blood blossom box with the rest of his ghost hunting supplies. He looked around and saw that the box he brought from Amity Park wasn't there. This had to have been that box then. Danny must have dropped it at some point, and Dick must have found it. He would have to be more careful.

"Danny?" there was a knock at the door.

He quickly went intangible and landed on his bed. "Come in!"

The door opened, and Dick walked in. "I had a question for you."

"Sure." Danny motioned for him to continue.

"Before the accident..." Dick started, "There was this... blue thing that came out of your mouth. Do you know what it was?"

Danny thought quickly, "I uh... I had fallen asleep. Sorry, I must have been drooling..."

Dick shook his head, "No it was... more like a puff of air." He looked at him, "Danny, is there something you aren't telling us?"

Danny was starting to get frustrated. They were clearly questioning his loyalties. "Did Bruce send you up here to ask that?"

"No," Dick quickly shook his head. "Bruce doesn't know anything about that. I wanted to ask you because I'm your friend. And, if there's something wrong, or if you are in some kind of trouble, you can tell me..."

"Do you really think I'm in some kind of trouble?" Danny was hurt. He didn't realize they didn't trust him that much.

"No, I..." he was going to make up some excuse, but Danny wouldn't hear it.

"Just go," Danny told. "I want to be alone for a while."

Dick hung his head and walked out. He had really messed up...

Once Dick was gone, Danny formed a portal into the Ghost Zone.

~time skip~

"So, Vlad wished for Desiree to capture you?" Frostbite asked.

Danny nodded, "But I don't know how it's possible. Desiree said that Vlad took her to his house. But Vlad's been in prison since Wednesday. And there are cameras everywhere. He wouldn't have been able to use his powers without being seen. So how is he in two places at once."

Clockwork held his head, "It's so strange, I see Vlad in the prison, but I can also see him at his house. I honestly don't know what he is doing. And I really hate not knowing things..."

Frostbite sighed, "Regardless, it seems that Vlad has moved onto the next phase of his plan. Earlier you said that Vlad told you to stay out of his way until he needed you. Well, it appears he needs you now."

"Does that mean... that Vlad has everything he needs for his plan?" Danny asked.

Frostbite nodded solemnly, "It appears so. Whatever he was searching for, he must have found it. It looks like you are the last piece he needs..."

(A/N - Hey guys thanks for reading! :) Just 10 more chapters to go! Time really flies when you're having fun! Boy has 2020 been a trip. :) Stay whelmed and go ghost!)