Chapter 48

Danny slowly sat up, "Where's Vlad?"

"Vlad Masters is in jail," Bruce said with confusion.

Danny shook his head, "No, that was Vlad. Where did he go? He has Dani, I need to find him!"

He tried to walk, but he stumbled. Luckily Dick was able to catch him. "Danny, I don't know what you're talking about, but for some reason, the Blood Blossom hurt you. You're in no condition to go anywhere."

"I'm fine!" he glared at him. His baby blue eyes suddenly flashed lime green. He tried to walk again but his knees buckled. Dick gave him a look, "Fine, I'll wait... but take me back to the manor...

~time skip~

Alfred was surprised to see a team of superheroes on the doorstep when he opened the door. Danny walked past him and led them upstairs. No one knew what was going on. He took them up to his room. "I'm assuming you all are going to try to take down Plasmius?" they nodded. He sighed, "You don't stand a chance. You're going to need the proper tools." They followed him into his room.

"Danny, what is going on?" Bruce had pulled his cowl down as soon as they walked in. "How did you know who we were? How long have you known?"

Danny tapped his ear, "Super hearing. Everyone has a distinct heartbeat. A week or so after I came here, I saw you on patrol. I recognized the sound of your heartbeat."

Dick's eyes widened, "You've known this whole time?!" he nodded. "And you have powers?!"

"Yep." Suddenly, he flew up into the ceiling. A moment later he dropped three duffel bags onto the ground. "None of your weapons will hurt Vlad. These weapons will." He started digging through the bag. "Let's see... Fenton blasters, Fenton creep stick, Fenton saber, Fenton crossbow, Artemis you probably want that." He handed her the weapon.

"What is all of this?" Wally asked.

"They're weapons that can hurt people like Vlad. My parents invented them. Don't worry, they won't hurt humans." He picked up a Fenton lipstick blaster. He pointed it at Wally and fired. But nothing happened. "See, harmless. But if you shoot Vlad with it..." he aimed the blaster at his arm and fired. "Agh! Ok, that was dumb." He shook his arm as an angry red mark appeared.

"You said that those didn't work on humans..." Megan asked with confusion. "Why did it hurt you?"

He looked down, "I... I'm not human. Not anymore..." he continued digging through the bags. "okay, that should be everything. Vlad isn't going to wait much longer. He's going to strike again tonight. Everyone grab a weapon, then we need to go."

"Hold on a minute!" Bruce raised his hands. "You need to explain yourself, young man."

"Wait one second," Zatanna pulled out her communicator. "We should call the other Danny. We could his help." She pressed a button and suddenly a buzzing was heard from the center of the room.

He sighed, "This day really isn't going as planned..." he reached into his bag and pulled out the communicator. "I think he knows..." suddenly, two rings formed around his waist. They traveled up and down his body. However, they did not have the expected result. Danny's clothes stayed the same, the only thing that changed was his hair and eye color. Once the change was finished, he collapsed onto the bed. "The blood blossom... I haven't recovered yet..."

"You... you're Danny Phantom?!" Dick said with shock. Danny nodded weakly.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Bruce asked sadly.

He looked down, "The people I'm closest to always seem to get hurt because of these powers." He casually formed a crystal of ice in the palm of his hand. "Vlad killed my family and my two closest friends. He has now kidnapped Dani who is a clone of me that he created. He did all of this because he needs me for some kind of nefarious plan."

"You said you used to be human, how did you get your powers?" Kaldur asked.

"Do we really have to go into all of this right now?" a well-timed bat glare told him the answer. "Fine, okay so when I was 14, I was in my parents' lab. They were scientists. Specifically, they studied ghosts." Everyone's eyes widened. "They were building a portal into a place called the Ghost Zone." Dany formed his own portal. "This is the Ghost Zone." He closed it again. "I went into the device, and accidentally turned it on. The easiest explanation is that I was electrocuted. And I died..."

"What?" Bruce said in shock.

"The device should have killed me. However, some of the chemicals used in the machine flowed into my body. It made it where I only half died. So, I am now half-ghost." He turned his hand intangible. "All of those people I have told you about, they are also ghosts. Vlad is only half ghost like me. His human half is Vlad Masters, who is in jail. His ghost half is Vlad Plasmius. So how, he is in two places at once. But I don't know how..."

"That's a lot to take in..." Dick said in shock.

"I can explain it in more detail once rescue Dani." He stood up. "For right now, we need to figure out what Vlad's plan is."

"How could he split himself in two like that?" Wally asked. "Is that one of your powers?"

"No, it's not." Danny shook his head. "I mean I've done on a small scale. And there was that one time when... but that was only because..." suddenly his eyes widened. "I know what he's planning... I know what his endgame is..."

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading. Stay whelmed and go ghost!)