Chapter 6-5: Felix Felicis

Delaney awoke to the feeling of the sun's rays gently warming her cheek through her window. She was getting used to waking up earlier, likely because Fred would always wake her up at god-awful times, and she hated it yet loved it at the same time. She hated that she rarely ever slept in anymore but being able to take in the beauty of her surroundings while everyone else was still sleeping was pure bliss.

After looking out of her window for a bit, Delaney finally decided to get ready for class. Hers and Hermione's new room was quite spacious, surprising but was most likely reserved for students in higher years. She and Hermione both had their own wardrobe and bookshelf for all of their school or extracurricular books. A rug laid under each of their beds, this was something Delaney was thankful for. In the past years when she got out of bed, her feet would touch the cold stone floor, causing chills to run through her body every morning. This year, however, she was able to adjust to being out of bed without being jolted awake by the coldness of the floor.

It didn't take long for her to get ready this morning, with already having a set outfit of her Gryffindor robes, it made mornings that much faster. After meeting Hermione in the Great Hall for a quick breakfast, the two girls made their way to Advanced Potions with Professor Slughorn.

"I can't believe Harry and Ron won't be with us in Potions this year," Hermione said, leaning her head towards Delaney. Niether of them were able to score high enough on their Potions O.W.L.s to take advanced potions with Snape.

"I wouldn't say that so soon," Delaney chuckled.

"What are you talking about?" Hermione's brows furrowed.

"See for yourself," she chuckled, pointing towards the door. Harry and Ron had just burst through the door, causing everyone's attention to turn to them. Hermione looked at Delaney in shock for a second, but clearly remembered Delaney's special talent for Divination, then proceeded to playfully roll her eyes.

"Ah, Harry my boy, I was beginning to worry. Brought someone with you I see," Professor Slughorn looked proudly to him.

"Ron Weasley, sir," Ron gleamed.""But I'm not good at Potions, a menace actually. So, I'm probably just going to-"

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out," Slughorn waved the boys over to the rest of the class.

"Sorry sir, I haven't actually got my book yet. Nor has Ron," Harry said awkwardly.

"Not to worry, you can both get one from the cupboard," Slughorn moved his attention back to the rest of the class. "Now, as I was saying, I have prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?"

Not to Delaney's surprise, Hermione's hand was the first and only hand to shoot up.

"Yes, Miss?"

"Granger, sir," Hermione paused. "That one there is Veritaserum, it's a truth-telling serum."

Delaney's focus moved away from Hermione identifying the potions and rather moved to Harry and Ron practically wrestling over a book at the cupboard. Luckily, she had only missed one, which she knew Slughorn would go over later, by the time she brought her attention back to Hermione identifying the potions.

"This is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. For example, I smell freshly mown grass and new parchment and spearmint toothpaste." Delaney noticed Hermione grow flushed as she explained what she had smelled. Likely from realizing who she was talking about.

It was strange, Delaney hadn't noticed the room smelt different than it had been but now it began to smell differently. The room was filled with the sweet aroma she loved so much. She smelled the sweet scent of candy with certain waves of smoky cinnamon and a hint of fireworks. It was Fred.