Chapter 4-23: The Third Task

Delaney awoke the morning of the third task with a pit in her stomach. She hoped that Dumbledore was right and that her vision wasn't accurate. As she stood from her bed she found a letter sitting on her bedside table.

I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you. The last two full moons have been worse than they had been before. Anyway, I've thought about it and it's alright if you want to stay at the Weasleys this summer. You're young, you should be able to have fun while you can. Not too much fun though.

- Remus

Though Delaney had felt worried just a few seconds before she felt joy growing inside her. She couldn't wait to tell Fred but she wanted to make sure it was a good way. She hurried to put on a short sleeve shirt and a pair of jean trousers. She let her hair fall free flowing down her back. By now her blonde was back to how it was before with small bits of pink throughout. She had grown to like the bits of pink in her hair but she didn't want Fred to know.

"Hermione, it's almost time to go." She shook Hermione awake.

"How are you up before I am?" Hermione asked in a groggy tone.

"I couldn't sleep for half the night," Delaney admitted, feeling that pit starting to return.

"Is something bothering you? You never have trouble sleeping," Hermione inquired, starting to get dressed.

Delaney froze. She wanted to tell Hermione and the others about her vision but Dumbledore specifically told her not to. So, she bit her tongue, "No, everything's fine. I guess I'm just excited. I'm going to go find Fred. I'll meet you and Ron at our seats."

"Okay. I'll see you later," Hermione smiled as Delaney walked out of their room.

Delaney tried to soothe her nerves as best she could before she reached Fred. He'd know something was wrong with her immediately. And she knew it'd feel impossible to keep her vision a secret if he asked.

"Ah, there she is," Fred smiled, giving Delaney a greeting kiss before grabbing her hand. "Ready?"

"Mhm," she nodded with a slight smile. The truth was she began to feel worry creeping back inside of her even after all the techniques she tried before reaching him. She walked side by side with Fred through the castle. A lot of the students were already going down to the stadium.

"It looks like your pink is slowly fading. Would you like me to fix it?" Fred smiled.

"Do it and you may not have a girlfriend anymore," she laughed, feeling her nerves soothed in the slightest.

"But what if someone else did it? I mean what if George did it?" he inquired with a raised brow.

"If George did it then I would know that you put him up to it. But if that were the case I think you'd have to spend the entire summer making it up to me," she smiled a knowing smile.

"Entire summer? But that would mean-" his eyes lit up, "You're staying with me?"

"Mhm," she smiled. Before she knew it Fred took her in his embrace. His strong arms lifted her in the air as she was pressed against him. After completing a small turn he connected his lips to hers.

"I love you." He gazed into her ice blue eyes with sincerity gleaming in his own honey eyes.

Her smile grew ten times larger and the truth spilled from her lips. She didn't even try to stop it this time. "And I love you."

"Oi, you two! It's about to start!" George shouted from a near distance.

"We need to go," Delaney laughed, feeling the ground beneath her feet again.