Chapter 6-11: New Year's

The days following Christmas were only filled with anxiety for the Weasleys. They had all been scrambling, trying to find somewhere for them to stay while they were getting the Burrow built back after the attack. Luckily, Fred and George offered to let Harry, Ron, and Ginny stay at their flat while Mr. and Mrs. Weasley stayed at the family's safe house, Shell Cottage.

By New Year's Eve, thanks to magic, the Burrow was already half-way done being re-built. Time at the twins' flat with Harry, Ron, and Ginny was quite fun for everyone, especially Delaney, who decided to still stay with them.

Though, the original plan was for everyone to spend New Year's Eve together, like Christmas. With the attack on the Burrow, it made it hard to find somewhere to fit everyone comfortably. So, Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Delaney all decided to spend the day with the twins at their flat. Though, Delaney was going to spend it with Fred regardless of where they decided to stay.

"Delaney," she heard a whisper. "Delaney," the voice sounded again.

"Hmm?" she asked, still half asleep.

"It's time to get up," Fred whispered, his lips gracefully brushing her ear as he spoke.

"Fred, you should know to not wake me up by now," she mumbled, rolling on her side to go back to sleep.

"Ah, but you see, we both know I'm the only person you let wake you up without any trouble," he chuckled.

"Keep pushing your luck like that, and you might actually have a problem the next time you try," she snapped.

"Keyword, next time," he smirked, his body now pinning Delaney's down to the bed. His grasp tightened on her wrists as she looked at him.

"I suppose I can give you a pass this time," a smirk of her own formed on her lips. With this, their lips connected. But, not in the eagerness, it had been many nights before. Granted, it was still painfully obvious they wanted each other. But it wasn't a need now because they hadn't gone months without the feeling of each other's touch, each other's lips on one another. "Fred," she said breathlessly as his lips connected to her neck, sucking love bites as he went.

"Yes, love?" he asked before connecting his lips to her neck again.

"Fred, we should wait. I mean, we can hear everyone moving around in the kitchen," her breathing picked up.

"They don't have to hear us," he grinned a cheeky smile.

As his guard was down, Delaney flipped over him, knowing this was the only way she'd be able to get him where she needed him. Her hips now rested just above the waistband of his sweatpants. Her hands entangled with his as he sat flat against the bed, clearly remembering what happened the last time they were in this position.

"Don't get any ideas. I'm simply making sure you wait," she smirked, connecting their lips into one last chaste kiss before pulling away. Fred clearly didn't like the feeling of his lips no longer on hers.

"I'll be waiting for you in the kitchen," she teased, making to the bathroom where she brushed her teeth and did her skincare routine.

By the time Delaney arrived in the kitchen, Harry, Ginny, and Ron were waiting idly for George to finish cooking breakfast. Fred, of course, had not yet come out of his room.

"Oh, 'morning Delaney," Ginny said, smiling as she greeted her.

"Morning," Delaney grinned, pouring herself a cup of tea. "What's that?" she asked, pointing to what looked like a letter in Ginny's hand.

"Oh, it's a letter from Dean. He heard about the attack and wanted to know if I'm alright," Ginny shrugged. It was an odd reaction to her boyfriend's letter. Especially since it was written so that he could ensure her safety.