Chapter 5-5: Jumpers at Breakfast

Delaney awoke the next morning to the feeling of Fred's arm wrapped firmly around her body. A smile grew on her face as she began to recall the events from the previous night. She gently rolled over so her face was near his chest.

"Good morning," he smiled with his groggy morning voice.

"Good morning," she smiled up at him before he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Morning," George said in a cheeky tone.

"George!" Delaney threw a pillow at him as she and Fred quickly sat up. She quickly made sure the blanket covered her chest.

"What?" he had a cheeky smile as he leaned up against the wall.

"What are you doing here?" Fred asked as he threw one of his jumpers to Delaney. She stealthily put it on, making sure George didn't get a free show.

"Mum wants everyone downstairs for breakfast. So, I came up to get you two. I figured it'd be better than mum or anyone else for that matter," he let out a chuckle.

"How long have you been in here?" Delaney asked pulling the jumper down as far as it could go before she hunched over, pulling a pair of sleep shorts over her hips.

"Only about a minute before you woke up. I was expecting it to take much longer to wake you up," he laughed.

"What exactly does everyone else think happened?" Delaney asked, realizing she and Fred had left everyone rather abruptly.

"I told them last night that the two of you fell asleep cuddling. They won't suspect a thing. Unless you make it obvious," George clarified shifting his weight from his heels to the balls of his feet.

"Thanks, George. You know I might actually stop teasing you about Angelina...for a bit," she giggled as she patted his chest.

"I'm never going to hear the end of it with her am I?" George asked Fred.

"No, I'm afraid not," Fred laughed as the three of them walked downstairs for breakfast.

"Ah, there they are," Lupin smiled from the table as they entered the kitchen.

"Now we can finally eat," Ron muttered glumly.

"Oh yes because we wouldn't want Ron to go hungry," Delaney laughed as she sat down at the table next to Fred.

"Delaney dear, did you get cold last night? I see that you're in Fred's jumper," Mrs. Weasley asked as she scooped eggs onto Delaney's plate.

Delaney nearly joked on her pumpkin juice, "Oh, um, yes very cold." At the same time, she felt Fred's hand firmly grasp her thigh under the table. George sat across from the two at the table, chuckling. Delaney quickly shot her leg over to his and gave him a look that told him 'not now'.

"Oh, I told your father to turn the air up just a little bit at night. Just because it's summertime doesn't mean that it needs to feel like an ice box at night," Mrs. Weasley turned her attention to Sirius with a pointed stare.

"It was a bit chilly last night wasn't it?" Sirius looked skeptically at Fred and Delaney. He quickly turned his attention back to Mrs. Weasley, "I'll work on it tonight Molly."

"Oh look at the time. We have to go, Harry," Mr. Weasley abruptly stood up from the table.

"Good luck today, Harry," Delaney asked as she took a sip of pumpkin juice. She actually managed to swallow it this time.

"Good luck," Hermione and Ginny said in unison.

Harry and Mr. Weasley left after everyone offered their farewells, allowing everyone else to return to their breakfast.