Chapter 7-4: They Are Coming

"Everyone needs to be in their places in fifteen minutes!" Mrs. Weasley yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

Delaney now stood in front of the mirror in Fred's room, putting the finishing touches on her hair and makeup for Bill and Fleur's wedding. She was originally going to get ready in Ginny's room with the other girls but that soon proved to be too small of a space for all of them to get ready comfortably. So, she chose Fred and George's room. Both of them were already ready and walking somewhere around the house.

After putting the last touches on her hair, which was styled in a middle part and curled to shape her face, she grabbed her dress out of the garment bag. The dress was similar to the dress she wore to Lupin and Tonks' wedding, in the sense that it was a form-fitting black dress, this one, however, was a one-shoulder dress. It wasn't the typical style of dress Delaney liked wearing, but when she tried it on in the store, she couldn't pass it up. It looked perfect on her.

She was just reaching for her zipper when she heard a knock on the door. To no surprise, it was Fred.

"Already trying to do things without me I see," he grinned, closing the door behind him.

"I was merely trying to see if I could do it without having to go get you," she grinned, moving her hands away from her zipper to allow him to zip her up.

""ow, why on earth would you try to do it on your own?" His lips brushed her ear as his hands slowly slid up her back, causing Delaney's breath to hitch.

"I suppose I'm glad I wasn't able to do it on my own," she grinned, looking at him through the mirror.

"Well, it is my job to zip you up and tease you along the way," he smirked, gently placing a kiss on her neck.

"Fred, we have to be downstairs and ready to get into our places in like five minutes," Delaney reminded him, absentmindedly rolling her head back to give him better access to her neck.

"We'll be down there in time. I actually came up here to give you this," Fred smiled, handing Delaney a small rectangular box.

"What's this for?" she asked, slowly removing the ribbon around the box.

"I wanted to give you something special."

Delaney opened the lid of the box to reveal a dainty silver necklace with a single charm on it. The charm looked quite familiar, but Delaney wasn't sure if she was right.

"Fred, this looks like-"

"It's my wand," he smiled. "I got the idea to make it one night in the shop and I finally figured it out. It's okay if you don't like it, I know it may be a bit cheesy."

"Are you kidding? I love it," she smiled, throwing her arms around his neck as she hugged him. She really did love the necklace. Now it was as though she would have a piece of him wherever she went.

"Do you really like it?" he looked down at her, grinning.

"I love it. It's like having a tiny piece of you wherever I am," she smiled. "Here, can you help me put it on?"

"Always have to have me do something for you," Fred chuckled, taking the necklace in his hands. Delaney looked at him with narrowed eyes through the mirror as she moved her hair. Fred must have understood her to look for; he quickly said, "I was kidding. That was a joke."

"Mhmm," she grinned as she turned to him. She knew he was joking, but his reaction was still quite funny. "I do really like the necklace though. Thank you," she smiled, connecting their lips in a sweet kiss.

"Delaney and Fred, you two better get down here unless you want me to come up there and hex the both of you!" Mrs. Weasley yelled from the bottom of the stairs.