Chapter 4-21: I'll Wait for You

Delaney sat in the noisy common room with her head in her hands. She had planned to study since finals were just a few weeks away. But it was too noisy to focus on the text in front of her. She believed she read the same line at least twenty times in the past fifteen minutes.

"You look like you're having fun," a welcomed voice spoke.

Delaney looked up, barely able to pull a grin on her face due to the stress she felt. "Is it that obvious?"

"Just a little bit," Fred smirked. Delaney groaned, letting her head fall in her arms. Fred placed his hand on hers, waiting until she looked back up at him. "Come with me. Bring your books."

Without another word, Delaney picked her books up from the table, following Fred up the stairs toward the boy's dormitories. She looked over her shoulder, making sure no one was paying attention before she bound up the stairs. She followed Fred until they reached his door.

"Fred, what are we doing here? I was studying before you interrupted me," Delaney asked, placing her books on his bed.

"A much-needed interruption from what I saw," Fred countered. He pulled her into his arms, placing a kiss on her forehead while he rubbed soothing circles on her back.

Delaney released a deep breath, feeling her nerves slowly beginning to subside in his arms. His warm, husky cinnamon scent filled her senses. She suddenly felt much calmer than she had just moments before. Delaney lifted her chin, letting it rest against his chest as she met his eye. "It was, thank you."

Fred placed a gentle kiss on her lips, allowing each of them to melt into it before pulling away, "You're welcome, darling."

Delaney reached up on her toes, grabbing the back of Fred's neck to pull his lips against hers, missing the gentle touch of them. Fred obliged her, deepening their kiss. His tongue darted out, tracing the outline of her lips. She parted her lips just a fraction, whimpering at the invasion of his tongue against her own. Warmth spread within Delaney.

Fred's hands dipped from her back, reaching lower until they grabbed at her thighs, hoisting Delaney up. As if on instinct, her legs wrapped around his waist and her arms around his neck. Delaney fought for dominance in their kiss, allowing another whimper to escape her throat when his hand squeezed her upper thigh, just under her rear.

Fred slowly walked the two of them back, laying Delaney on his bed. The warmth she felt earlier heated further, pooling low. Fred lifted his head, meeting Delaney's eyes with a new smoky shade taking over his warm honey eyes. They held eye contact for only a moment longer before his head dipped again, meeting her neck. A gasp of air left her lips at the sensation. She bit her lip, reveling in it.

"Wait," Delaney gasped, lifting Fred's head with her hands. "Fred, wait."

"Yes, darling?" He asked, breathless now from their fevered make-out session. Despite the heat of their moment, his eyes were endearing when he looked at her.

"I- I'm not ready," she muttered, scared she'd upset him.

Fred pulled at her chin with his thumb. She had looked away from him, nervous about his response. "That's completely okay."

"Really?" Relief flooded through her veins. Delaney knew it was silly, he was her boyfriend so he should respect her boundaries. But she also knew not all men did that.

A grin formed on his lips at the sight of her relief, "Delaney, I will never rush you to do something you do not want to do. Hell, I'll stay celibate my whole life if it meant I could be at your side."

"Oh now you're just sucking up," she smiled, swatting his arm playfully.

Fred feigned injury, rolling over with Delaney in tow. That earned him a giggle. "I mean it."

Delaney met his eyes, tracing circles over his chest with her finger, "That is why I lo-"

They both froze. Delaney didn't know where that came from but either way, it started slipping from her lips before she could stop it. She knew she couldn't wait too much longer before continuing, it would only make it awkward. "That is why I love your company."

Fred's hand resumed his circles on her arm, tracing leisure circles. Delaney's skin erupted in goosebumps. A smile grew on his face, "I love your company too."

The air was thick with double meaning. Delaney was thankful for Fred's understanding of her emotional needs. Somehow he knew just how to calm her down anytime she was anxious or stressed. She didn't know how he did it, but he did it nonetheless.

They sat in peaceful silence, simply laying in each other's embrace for a few minutes, but something still sat in the forefront of Delaney's mind. "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything," Fred said so quickly it seemed he didn't even have to think about his response.

Delaney looked up at him, rather nervous about what his answer would be, "Forgive me, if I'm intruding. But, what all have you done?"

Delaney knew if she'd asked later her question would sound inconspicuous, but she knew Fred would know what she meant after what they'd just done. Well, almost done.

His hand stilled for a moment before he released a breath, "You are not intruding. You're my girlfriend. You have a right to know if that is what you wish."

An indirect question filled his last two words. Delaney simply nodded in response, knowing whatever it was he was going to tell her would make her more comfortable later on.

"You may or may not know that I had a fling with a girl Katie Bell introduced to me. She was in Ravenclaw. Well, I guess that doesn't matter, but we did a few things together. But I never let us go all the way, much to her disgust. My gut told me not to and I'm beginning to think I finally know why," Fred grinned as he met Delaney's eyes, squeezing her in his arms for a moment before releasing her. "Is that the answer you were looking for?"

Delaney released a breath, "Fred, I would have been fine with whatever you told me. I just wanted to know, and I'm glad I do now."

"Good," he placed a kiss on her nose. "Now, I don't want you to think I'm running away from you after that discussion. But, I'm afraid I need a cold shower after our recent actions."

Delaney giggled as she rolled over, spreading out further on his comfy mattress. "I make no apologies."

"You'll pay for that one day," he smirked, grabbing a book from his bedside table. "Here, you left this the last time you were here. It can tide you over until I return."

"Oh, how thoughtful of you," Delaney teased, taking the book from him before he finally left.

Delaney stood from the mattress, grabbing one of Fred's jumpers to change into. She didn't know where George was but she certainly didn't want him to return while she was changing. After slipping into the oversized jumper and folding her uniform into a neat stack, Delaney crawled back into Fred's bed with her book.

She read in peaceful silence while she waited for Fred to return from his cold shower. As she waited, her eyes began to grow heavy. Before she knew it, she was closing her book, falling asleep peacefully surrounded by Fred's scent in his bed.