Chapter 5-20: Late Night Studies

The next month had been quite busy for Delaney. She had barely gotten any alone time with Fred between her studying for O.W.L.s and him getting ready to leave. Now, she sat in the library studying for her O.W.L.s, alone, yet again.

"Hey," Fred whispered, sitting down in front of Delaney.

"Oh look who finally came to see me," she grinned, placing her book down on the table.

"What are you doing?" Fred asked, moving his head forward to look at Delaney's book.

"I'm studying for O.W.L.s. You should know that by now," she laughed.

"Still? I don't think I even studied before taking them," he chuckled.

"Yeah well, I don't have the fallback of opening my own joke shop. I have to do good on these so I can even hope to get a decent job after school," Delaney countered.

"Touche, well I mean you always have your visions. Those can almost guarantee that you get a good job," Fred pointed out.

"I suppose you're right, but I don't want to lean on that too much. I want to be able to become something apart from that. Of course, I'd still use it, I love having the power but I don't want to use it as a crutch," she shrugged.

"I get it," he smiled. "Hey, do you want to study somewhere else?"

"Like where?" She looked at him skeptically.

"We can go to my room," a grin spread on his face.

"I don't know. I need to study," Delaney started to shake her head.

"Oh come on, we've barely seen each other over the past month and I'm leaving tomorrow. I'll let you study, I just want to be able to spend the night with my girlfriend before I leave Hogwarts."

"Oh alright, but you better let me study. No funny business Weasley." She pointed her finger at him with a pointed look. She knew how easy it was for him to distract her but he was right. They should spend his last night at Hogwarts together.

"I can't make any promises on that last part," he grinned.

"You are impossible," she giggled.

"Yeah maybe, but you love it," he grinned, wrapping his arm around her shoulder as they walked back to his room.

The walk back to the common room was much faster than usual because Fred took them down one of the many shortcuts he'd found while wandering the castle. The common room was full of stressed fifth years. Luckily, Fred's room was empty and quiet when they arrived. Fred said George would be busy pretty much all night perfecting their plan.

Delaney set her many books on the top of his bed before crawling in it herself. As she opened the first book she felt the bed sink down behind her, letting her know that Fred had joined her. She soon began to feel his fingers gently graze her back.

"Fred, would you stop?" she turned to him. Though she loved the feeling, she really needed to focus.

"What, I can't rub your back?" he asked innocently, he was failing at hiding the hints of his devilish grin.

"Don't get me wrong, I love when you do that but I need to study," Delaney sighed. Though she would have loved a break, she had been studying nearly all day, the test was tomorrow.

"You can't take even a small break?" Fred asked with pleading eyes.

"Maybe in a bit, but you have to let me focus right now if you want that break to be long," Delaney said, turning her body to give him a quick peck.

"Oh fine, I'll take a short nap." He grabbed hold of the pillow above him and placed it under his head.

Delaney turned her body back to face her books to realize she only had one more subject to study for. She knew she had been productive, just not that productive. She could take a quick break before returning. She turned back to Fred, leaning closer to him just like she had when she kissed him.