Chapter 5-17: Patronus Charms

"Harry, are you sure it's a smart idea to have a D. A. meeting so close to us coming back?" Hermione asked, the two had just walked into the common room where Delaney was sitting.

"Hermione, you saw the article. He's gaining supporters," Harry responded in a snappy tone.

"Woah what's going on?" Delaney asked, closing the textbook she was reading and standing up.

"Harry wants to have a D. A. meeting later tonight," Hermione clarified.

"We've only just gotten back a few days ago though. Some people haven't even unpacked yet," Delaney countered.

"Hermione, the article!" Harry's tone turned heated.

"What article?" Delaney asked, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Here...see for yourself," Harry insisted, tossing Delaney the newest edition of The Daily Prophet.

Delaney's eyes went wide as she read the headline on the front page.

MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN

The paper then showed the pictures of the ten prisoners that escaped. They were all Death Eaters. Bellatrix Lestrange's picture was at large on this copy.

"Oh no," Delaney looked up at Harry and Hermione with wide eyes.

"Now you see why we need to do it tonight. He's getting his followers back," Harry said with a pointed expression. Delaney looked at Hermione, matching her expression. They both knew it was risky to have a meeting so close to coming back. They knew Umbridge would also be on high alert now with the mass breakout.

"Harry," Delaney began.

"It's done. We're having a meeting. If you don't want to come then don't but it's happening regardless." Harry walked out of the common room before either of them could say anything else.

"Hermione, I don't have a good feeling about this," Delaney admitted, looking at her as she walked up to her side.

"Yeah, I don't either," Hermione met her concerned stare.

* * *

"Hey, where have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you all day," Delaney asked, walking up to Fred in one of the empty corridors on her way to the D.A. meeting.

"Oh, hey beautiful," he gave her a quick peck on the lips before entwining his fingers with hers. Her stomach fluttered with butterflies. "I was working with George in our room. You know, because people are still buying our products in secret," his voice was more a hushed whisper now.

"Anything new?" she looked up at him with a grin. She loved hearing him talk about their products, the sound of excitement in his voice, and the glee in his eyes, it made her so proud of him to be pursuing his dreams.

"We've been trying to make these candies that can change your hair color. We drew inspiration from your reaction to Tonks' hair."

"Really?" A pinch of excitement could be heard in her voice.

"Yeah," he grinned at her excitement. "Of course, we still have to work out the kinks like how long the effects will last and if it will be one color or change colors."

"Why don't you make it to where the color changes with mood? I mean that's what Tonks' seems to do," Delaney proposed, looking back up at him.

His mouth fell open a bit and his eyes grew slightly wider, "That's bloody brilliant! We have to tell George. Come on," he quickly pulled her into the Room of Requirement where George stood with Ginny and quite a bit of the D.A.