Chapter 7-7: The Point of No Return

Days had gone by, and the four made little progress in how far they had traveled. With Ron being injured, it made them have to travel by foot rather than by apparating. Luckily, Ron was healing quite quickly, thanks to Hermione's speedy work with the medication. Delaney was healed within the first day of getting splinched due to it only being a minor injury.

Over the course of those few days, the four had taken turns wearing the Horcrux around their neck. They all concluded that the Horcrux brought their mood down immensely. Though for Delaney and Hermione, it seemed not to affect them as much. Ron, however, was the most affected. Between the Horcrux and being hungry, Ron became an unpleasant person to be around.

"Hey, Ron, do you want me to wear the Horcrux? You've had it on for the past two days," Delaney offered. Delaney could practically see the bad energy pulsing off of Ron.

"I'm fine," Ron responded in an insolent tone.

"Fine, forget I asked," Delaney huffed, hitting her knees with her hands as she stood and walked over to Harry and Hermione on the other end of the tent.

"Harry, if I'm right, this changes everything," Hermione said, hitting the parchment beneath her finger.

"What are you two going on about?" Delaney asked, sitting down next to Hermione.

"The sword of Gryffindor," Hermione paused.

"Yeah, so?" Delaney's brows furrowed in confusion. She had no idea where Hermione was going with this. They still had yet to figure out why Dumbledore left them all of the strange objects. Well, except for Ron's deluminator, that was pretty straight forward.

"It's goblin made."

"Brilliant," Harry said, waving his hands as if to ask what she was getting at.

"No, you don't understand. Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade. It only takes in that which makes it stronger," she said, pushing the book in front of Harry.

"Okay?" Harry continued with furrowed brows.

"Harry, you've already destroyed one Horcrux, right?" Hermione asked.

"Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Secrets," Delaney nodded. She was slowly beginning to piece together what Hermione was trying to get across to them.

"With a basilisk fang. If you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours," Harry began with a chuckle.

"Don't you see? In the Chamber of Secrets you stabbed the basilisk with the sword of Gryffindor."

"Its blade is impregnated with basilisk venom," Delaney muttered, a sudden shock was in her voice at the groundbreaking realization.

"It only takes in that, which makes it stronger," Harry finished.

"Exactly, which is why-"

"It can destroy Horcruxes," Harry interrupted Hermione.

"That's why Dumbledore left it to you," Hermione nodded, sure of her assertion.

"You are brilliant, Hermione, truly," Harry grinned, closely beginning to examine the page of the book talking about goblin made artifacts.

"Actually, I'm highly logical. Which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook."

"Oh, just take the compliment," Delaney giggled.

Before any of them could move on with Hermione's new finding, the lights in the tent went out, causing them to fall silent. The pattering of the rain against the tent was all that could be heard. Until Delaney heard the familiar heavy footsteps of Ron Weasley making their way towards the three of them.