Chapter 6-12: Poisonous Love

Time with Fred quickly came and went. Before Delaney could really get a grasp on leaving Fred, she had already been on her way back to Hogwarts. She did, however, get to get George back for his comment when she and Fred wrestled. It only took a few of the boys' hair changing candies baked in some cupcakes, but it was well worth it.

"Delaney, have you seen Ron today? I can't seem to find him anywhere, and we were supposed to go over Potions this morning before going to breakfast," Hermione asked as the two girls walked down to Potions class. Hermione and Ron had barely talked since returning to school so it was odd for them to be going over Potions together.

"No, I haven't seen him. But maybe he accidentally slept in. I mean, that does sound like Ron," Delaney shrugged her shoulders.

"I guess that could be right," Hermione shrugged.

Before Delaney was able to say anything, she saw something out of the corner of her eye. It was Ron and Lavender snogging openly in the corridor. It made her glad she never really let Fred snog her openly in the corridors. Luckily, Hermione hadn't seen it yet.

"On second thought, Hermione, why don't we take the long way to potions today? We still have enough time to, and it has a better view," Delaney started pulling Hermione's arm in the opposite direction.

"What are you talking about? Is something over there?" Hermione asked, breaking loose from Delaney's grasp and walking back to where Delaney had seen Ron and Lavender. Hermione's demeanor almost immediately changed as she stopped walking. Delaney could tell that this bothered her. But, then, it seemed as though something clicked. Something set her off. "Ron, where were you this morning?"

"What Hermione?" Ron asked, breaking away from Lavendar's kiss.

"We were supposed to look over our Potions work together. It was your idea," Hermione reminded him, never moving her eyes from his.

"Well, it's obvious, isn't it? He doesn't want you. He wants me," Lavendar crossed her arms in front of her body, clearly annoyed at Hermione's presence. Delaney let out an audible scoff at Lavender's comment. She couldn't believe how nasty Lavender had become towards Hermione. She used to be a very nice girl.

"I wasn't talking to you," Hermione snapped her head in Lavendar's direction. "But, as I said, it was Ron's idea. But, I suppose you didn't hear me because you were too busy sticking your tongue down his throat."

Delaney had to move her hand over her mouth to hide her laughter. Lavendar's reaction made it all the better. Her face began to turn beat red, from anger or embarrassment, no one knew. But then, Delaney could see Ron starting to get a bit mad. That's when she finally decided to step in.

"Hermione, we should go. We have to get to Potions early, remember?" Delaney began pulling at her arm.

Hermione stood still, glaring at Lavender, before finally beginning to walk away. "You've changed Ron," Hermione turned to him as they walked away. Delaney looked back at Ron to see something changed in his face. It almost looked as though it was hurt.

"Are you alright, Hermione?"

"I'll be fine. He's made his decision. Now, he's going to have to live with it," Hermione looked at her with an expression that showed her mind was made up, and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

Potions had a tense atmosphere around it today. Not because of Slughorn, but because of Ron, Hermione, and Lavendar. Delaney could count a total of maybe two times that Ron was able to look Hermione in the eye. He was embarrassed, and it was clear he felt bad. Lavendar, however, sent Hermione many glares. To Harry and Delaney, it was like they had their own, front-row seat, to a soap opera and they were taking full advantage of it.