Chapter 5-1: Headquarters

It had been three weeks since Delaney met Lupin at King's Cross Station; three weeks since she had seen Fred. She had just finished packing her bag when she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in," she called out, neatly folding the last of her shirts into her trunk.

"I was coming to see if you were ready." Lupin walked into the room.

"I've been ready for the past three weeks." Delaney watched him as his eyes scanned her room.

"I know you miss them. And I know I promised you, you would be able to spend the summer with them, and you still will, but we must consider recent events." Lupin took a seat next to her.

"That's why we're going to headquarters," Delaney surmised, already knowing this speech good and well.

"Precisely," he paused. "I want you to know that this was never something that any of us expected to happen again. I don't think any of us could have prevented it."

"Dumbledore told you, didn't he?" She looked down to the floor, twisting her fingers in palm.

"He did but I wanted to see if you would tell me yourself. Delaney this wasn't your fault. You need to understand that," Lupin looked at her sympathetically.

"I know it's not. I just can't bear the thought of seeing one of you one day," Her eyes stung with the threat of tears.

"I think you'll be able to stop the events from happening one day but let's hope it never has to come to that." Lupin gently hugged her. "Now come on, it's time to go."

Delaney stood up from her bed and exhaled deeply before she grabbed her trunk and walked toward the door with Lupin.

"Oh, you do have to bring your trunk, don't you?" Lupin asked as if he just remembered. "No matter, it can come with me. Now, remember, this is the only night we're going to be alone. The Weasleys will be arriving tomorrow with Hermione. Harry and more members of the order will be arriving slowly over the summer."

"I know, I know. We've been over this every day for the past two weeks. Now can we go already," Delaney laughed.

"Oh alright," Lupin grinned as he motioned Delaney to the fireplace. "Remember it's-"

"Number 12 Grimmauld Place. I know." Delaney took a handful of Floo Powder in her hand.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine," she looked at Lupin with reassuring eyes. He released a sigh and nodded. She knew the past few weeks were harder on him than before.

"Number 12 Grimmauld Place!" Delaney threw the powder down, immediately feeling the woosh of warm moist air. Before she knew it she stood in the kitchen of what she suspected was Number 12 Grimmauld Place.

"Remus?" Sirius called from a distant room.

"Not quite," Delaney responded.

Sirius peered in through the door, "Oh, Delaney I haven't seen you in ages. How are you?" He pulled her into a hug.

"I'm good, missing a certain Weasley boy, but good," she smiled as they separated.

"Ah yes, Remus told me about that. How are the two of you?" Sirius sat down at the table with Delaney.

"We're good. Sounds strange for me to say 'we' but I'm happy," she smiled again as the memories of her and Fred came rushing to the forefront of her mind.

"That's all that matters," Sirius grinned with a nod.

"Ah, it seems like you're talking about a certain Weasley boy, are we?" Lupin stepped out from the fireplace in a rush of green flames.