Chapter 3-4: The Break In

Delaney met the cool October air with a smile on her face. Hugging her jacket closer to her, she could practically feel the excitement buzzing in her veins. Today was her very first Hogsmeade visit with her friends. She peered over at Ron and Hermione walking at her side, "Do you think Harry will ever be able to come to Hogsmeade with us?"

"I sure hope so," Ron said.

"If anyone can find a way around the permission slip to Hogsmeade, it is Harry," Hermione added with a giggle. Hermione was right. Harry found a way around everything. Delaney and Ron met that with a smile, walking silently until the three made it to the edge of the welcoming village. "Why don't we go to the Three Broomsticks and get a Butterbeer? I've heard they're quite good."

"Oh, they're quite good indeed," Fred's voice sounded behind Delaney.

She jumped from the fright of Fred and George's sudden presence behind her, "Oh, you scared me. What are you two even doing?"

George laughed, "We're on our way to Zonko's. We just wanted to scare you on our way."

"Why me? Why not Ron?" Delaney asked with a slight smile, catching Fred's attention since he was the one to achieve their task.

"Hey, they've been pulling pranks on me for years. Don't give them more ideas," Ron grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm only joking," Delaney laughed. It always amused her how easy it was to mess with him.

"Alright well, we're going to Zonko's. We'll make sure to get you a spider Ron," Fred laughed teasingly as he and his twin walked towards the joke shop.

"Great, now I'm going to have to watch for spiders," Ron said with a truly terrifying look on his face.

"Oh, you'll be fine," Hermione said as she and Delaney laughed.

Delaney and Hermione had to spend the rest of their walk to The Three Broomsticks assuring Ron spiders were not crawling on him. As they opened the door, the three were greeted by the loud clambering of many drunk witches and wizards inside.

"I'm going to grab the Butterbeers if you two could find somewhere to sit," Hermione said, motioning to the larger room that jutted from the side of the bar.

Delaney found an empty booth, taking a seat across from Ron while they waited for Hemione. Ron didn't speak much, instead, he fidgeted non-stop, swatting at his arm as if suddenly in some trance of paranoia over spiders. Though Delaney was terrified of them as well, she found his reaction to the mere prospect of them quite amusing. She had to fight off giggles the entire time Hermione was gone. After about ten minutes Hermione finally returned with three Butterbeers in tow.

"Alright on three. One. Two. Three," Hermione said as the three all took a sip of their Butterbeer.

"Wow, that's so delicious. It's something I've never had before," said Delaney trying to hide her sarcasm. Although the sweet taste of the beverage was a welcoming taste.

"You've had it before," Hermione said with a frown.

"Sorry, Lupin has bought me some before. I just didn't want to ruin your excitement. I know how much you love trying new things from the wizarding world that muggles don't have," Delaney said sympathetically. "I do love it though. I make Lupin get it for me every time he visits the village."

"Oh, but I wanted it to be special for your birthday," Hermione said, a defeated look on her face.

Delaney couldn't help the smile that pulled on her lips, "Hermione, just getting to be with my friends is special enough for me. Besides, it is an added bonus that Lupin is here this year. I haven't been able to see him on my birthday since before first year."