Chapter 4-4: The Attack

"Delaney, do you have some sort of special Divination gift or something?" Hermione asked as the group made their way out of the arena after the World cup was finished.

"What do you mean?" Delaney asked, her brows furrowed as she turned to Hermione.

"I think she's trying to say that this was the second time you were able to tell the exact outcome—particularly with numbers—of something," Ginny said.

"I guessed what the final score of the match would be. I highly doubt that means I have a gift in divination," Delaney said, not giving the idea the time of day. There was no way she had a gift in Divination.

"You did win the bet last year against me and George," Fred pointed out.

"Is everyone ganging up on me now? I do not have a gift in divination," Delaney laughed again at the preposterous idea. "And if I did I think I would have discovered it in Divination last year."

"Sometimes abilities take longer to develop," Hermione pointed out.

"I don't think I have a gift," Delaney said in a dismissive tone. Since when did luck mean she had a gift?

"Alright, alright, I was just saying," Hermione said, now walking back into the tent.

Once entering the tent Fred and George quickly began celebrating the Irish's victory by doing their take on an Irish jig. Delaney felt her spirits lift again at the change of subject.

"They look ridiculous," Hermione laughed.

"You have to admit it does look like fun," Delaney said before walking over to join the two.

"Ah come to join the party, eh?" Fred laughed as he hooked his arm with George's and twirled around in a circle.

Delaney grinned, doing the same motion with Ginny, "Well you two aren't the only ones celebrating the Irish."

"There's no one like Krum," Ron said, emerging from his part of the tent with a fierce look in his eyes.

"Krum?" Fred and George said in unison, stopping their jig.

"He's like a bird the way he rides the wind. He's more than an athlete. He's an artist," Ron said.

"I think you're in love, Ron," Ginny and Delaney said at the same time. It was so easy to tease him, he practically asked for it.

It is because of that fact alone that Fred and George broke out in song, "Victor I love you, Victor I do. When we're apart my heart beats only for you."

They weren't allowed to start a second verse because a large commotion distracted everyone. Fred was the first to speak, "Sounds like the Irish have got their pride on."

Delaney could tell by the urgency written on Mr. Weasley's face that something was wrong, "Stop it! Stop it! It's not Irish. I need all of you to come with me and be alert. We will need to leave at once."

As Delaney, along with everyone else, hurried out of the tent they heard a random wizard yell, "Get out it's the Death Eaters!"

Fear began to spread among everyone. Delaney felt panic line her gut. Why were they back? And what did that say about You Know Who? Mr. Weasley took his wand out, turning one last time to the children behind him. "Get back to the portkey everybody! And stick together! Fred, George, Ginny, is your responsibility, now go!"

"Harry!" Delaney shouted, running hand in hand with Hermione in the direction of the portkey.

After running for what seemed like ages, Delaney and Hermione made it to the portkey with Fred, George, and Ginny. Delaney placed her hands on her head hoping to open her airways and breathe better.