Chapter 7-10: Dobby is a Happy Elf

"I'm going to kill that stupid git," Ron huffed, slowly trying to catch his breath as he stood.

"Ron, can you blame him? He said they've taken Luna. God knows where they put her or if she's even alive," Hermione countered.

"They took Luna?" Delaney asked.

"Yes, were you really that zoned out?" Ron asked, looking alarmed at her lack of attention.

"I was trying to watch his behavior. He was acting very skittish. Which, I suppose, makes much more sense now," Delaney answered, helping Hermione set up the tent.

"You think?" Ron asked sarcastically.

"Oh, piss off," Delaney matched his sarcastic tone.

"Would the both of you stop? You two are fighting like brother and sister," Hermione said with a sudden sternness in her voice.

"Sorry," they both grumbled.

"Now, Harry, Ron, you two should put the protective charms up since you decided not to help Delaney or me put the tent up," Hermione nodded, encouraging the boys to get started. Delaney let a sarcastic grin leave her lips before turning into the tent. She had definitely picked up the habit of messing with Ron from Fred.

"Hermione, do you care to tell me what happened while we were at the Lovegood's since I obviously zone out?" Delaney asked, sitting down at the table.

"Did Lupin ever tell you the story of the Deathly Hallows?" Hermione asked, taking a seat next to her.

"Yeah, he used to read it to me when I was little before bed," Delaney nodded.

"Well, we asked him if he thought they were real since he wore the symbol for them around his neck. That's when he started acting weirder."

"You know, I think Remus always told me that story as a way to show that he believed in them. I mean, really, I think it was to show that he knew they were real," Delaney sat up straighter with her new realization. "I mean think about it, Hermione, Harry has an invisibility cloak he was given first year, that was apparently his father's. That's far past what the enchanted cloaks the shops sell last. Hermione, what if Harry has one of the Hallows?"

"Delaney, you can't possibly believe that. It's a children's book. Besides, if Harry were to have the invisibility cloak from the story, that would mean that the Elder wand was real. The ministry would know if it was. There would be written historical facts about it."

"What if it went under different names throughout history?" Harry asked, interrupting their conversation. Evidently, he had been listening since he walked back into the tent with Ron. "Think about it, Hermione, all of the most powerful wands in history have been reported to simply vanish from thin air. What if it's the same wand?"

"Look, while I think it's an interesting theory, don't you two think it's a bit of a far reach?" Hermione asked.

"Hermione, I've been trying to tell you that Vol-"

"Don't!" Delaney and Ron shouted in unison. Hermione and Harry looked at both of them with large eyes.

"What?" Harry asked, still looking alarmed.

"You can't say his name," Delaney insisted.

"Why not? I've been saying it for years."

"Because it's been tabooed. If you say it, all of the protective enchantments around you drop and the snatchers come to find you," Ron clarified. Harry and Hermione shared a short glance before Harry made an 'o' shape with his mouth. That is how you knew Ron and Harry were best friends, they shared many of the same reactions, though Ron was a bit more hot-headed, at least when it came to his family.