Chapter 6-8: Change of Plans

The next month at Hogwarts seemed to drag on for Delaney. She had spoken to Fred and George about knocking some sense into Ron about the whole Lavendar situation. Though Delaney had always thought Lavendar was a sweet girl, she noticed that Lavendar seemed to ensure Hermione saw when she snogged Ron in the corridors. Almost as though she was doing it to rub it in her face. This only made Delaney want Fred and George to go through with their plan even more. Although it now seemed as though Ron was growing more tired of Lavendar each day.

Time without Fred and his mischief just seemed to pass on much slower than it usually did. But now, Delaney wouldn't have to wait that much longer to see him again. All of the classes had finished, to give the students an extra day to pack for Christmas Holiday. Though, members of the Slug Club weren't given as much time since Slughorm planned a Christmas party in the later evening. Just the anticipation of seeing Fred, Mr. & Mrs. Weasley, Tonks, Lupin, and George over holiday sent excitement rushing through Delaney's body.

"I can't believe we have to go to this stupid party," Hermione scoffed, pulling her dress from her trunk.

"I thought you liked the Slug Club," Delaney chuckled. Slughorn had taken a liking to the two girls for their academic talents during their meetings.

"I did at first. Now I just would rather stay in here all night," Hermione turned her head to face Delaney.

"You sure it's not because you wished you were going to the party with Ron and not McLaggan?" Delaney raised her eyebrows as though she were enticing Hermione for an answer.

Hermione's cheeks began to turn a bright shade of pink. "I don't know what you're talking about," she turned away quickly.

"Oh please, like that's the truth,""Delaney chuckled.

"Delaney, I'm not talking about this right now. Ron has the liberty to date whoever he so pleases," Hermione said in a tone that showed she was almost trying to convince herself of that as well.

"Fine, do what you want. You know I'm right," Delaney sighed, mumbling the last part quietly to herself.

"Thank you. Now, I'm going to start getting ready for the party. I suggest you do the same if you hope to make it on time." Hermione walked over to the desk/vanity combination to get ready.

With this, Delaney walked over to her wardrobe and grabbed her dress. She laid the dress on her bed in hopes of getting out any wrinkles that may have formed from sitting inside. She then walked over to her desk that she used as a vanity as well. She put on a light amount of makeup, just enough to accentuate her natural beauty. She pulled the top half of her hair back with a small silver and red clip.

After doing her hair and makeup, Delaney slipped into her dress. It was a short red dress that fell just at her mid-thigh. She slipped on her silver, rhinestone heels that went perfectly with the clip and dress and the charm bracelet she wore everyday from Fred.

"Ready?" Hermione asked, standing from her desk.

"Yes, I am," Delaney grinned, standing from her bed. "Wow, you look pretty." She said as she looked at Hermione who wore a pale peach-colored dress and matching heels. The top half of her hair was pinned back as well.

"As do you," Hermione grinned. "Now, we should be going."

"Right, because I can't wait to go to a Christmas party alone," Delaney chuckled, walking out of her room with Hermione.

"Well, you could always share McLaggan with me," Hermione turned her head to Delaney with a raised eyebrow. The girls looked silently at each other for a moment until they both burst into laughter.