Chapter 4-19: The Second Task

"Come seek us where our voices sound," Harry repeated the phrase he'd been going over for the past two hours.

"The Black Lake, that's obvious," Hermione nodded.

"I told you that a week ago, Harry. About the Black Lake," Delaney added, taking a seat next to him.

"How did you know? About the Black Lake?" Harry asked with a skeptical note in his voice.

"I don't know. I had a vision. It was like-" before she could finish she was cut off.

"A vision? What kind of vision?" Ron asked with furrowed brows.

"Was it like Harry's?" Hermione asked.

"No it wasn't, Harry's are dreams. I was walking through Hogsmeade with Fred and I just started seeing the Black lake and the backs of Harry's and Cedric's jumpers that they wear for the tournament." Delaney recounted the vision, still unsure what it meant for her.

"Have you told Dumbledore? I mean that's not something that's happening to many other students. If any at all," Hermione asked.

"Well, that was the first one. I wasn't even sure if it was true. I haven't had one since that day. Besides, if there's anything serious then I'll tell Dumbledore but for right now it's fine," Delaney said again.

There was a pause among the four children until Harry began looking at the egg again. Delaney was thankful for the distraction

"An hour long you'll have to look," Harry muttered.

"Again obvious. Although potentially problematic," Hermione said.

"Potentially problematic? When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?" Harry asked in a defensive tone.

"Harry, we can do this. The four of us can figure it out," Hermione said encouragingly.

"Hate to break up the scholars' session," Moody paused, "Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office. Not you Potter or McKinnon, just Weasley and Granger."

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and-" Hermione began.

"Exactly," Moody interrupted her, "presumably Potter is better prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. Go now!"

Ron and Hermione quickly left the library in the direction of McGonagall's office. Harry and Delaney remained in the spots they were sitting.

"Longbottom!" Moody called out.

"Yes sir?" Neville asked, peering around the corner of a bookshelf.

"Help Potter put up his books," Moody ordered.

"Harry, I think I'm going to go back to the common room. Tell me if you find anything," Delaney said as she stood up and began to walk out of the library. By the time she made it to her room, she decided to get a good night's rest in preparation for the exciting day ahead of her.

Delaney awoke the next morning to find Hermione's bed empty, just as it was when she went to sleep the night before. It was strange, but perhaps Hermione had just woken up early and already gone to the Great Hall. She quickly threw on some warm clothes since it was still quite cold outside before making her way down to the Great Hall.

"Those are new jeans," Fred said as Delaney sat beside him.

"They're mum jeans," Delaney said, looking at the jeans she'd gotten over the summer.

"But you aren't a mum," he said with a cheeky smile.

"You are funny. I mean really. You should put that in a joke book," she said sarcastically with a smile.