Call Your Name (Barbara Gordon x Male Reader)

An Attack on Titan au (with no spoilers unless you haven't watched episode 8 of season 1) where Barbara and Reader are in the Survey Corps.

A wonderful promise with a horrible outcome.

Warnings: Death (obviously), Grief, Major injuries, angst galore.

A/N: I am about to start watching season 2 so no spoilers please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                ——————————

Barbara smiled as she looked over her findings for the fortieth time that night.

There wasn't anything that new. Not really.

Yet, as she looked them over, she couldn't help but shiver with pure excitement.

They knew next to nothing about the Titans, but now with the prospect of capturing one who knew what they could find!

Maybe they could actually start communicating with them?

Or maybe they could find other weaknesses besides their nape?

Or maybe they could actually find their origins?!

Or-

"Keep smiling like that and I might even have nightmares tonight," Said the dry voice of (Y/N) as he entered her office, "Seriously, you promised me that you would actually go to bed when you were done looking stuff over."

"Yes," Barbara replied without taking her eyes off of her work, "But......I'm not done looking through stuff. There's still so many things to re-cross-examine and-"

"And..... your late-night research privileges have been revoked," (Y/N) said as he plucks Barbara's glasses off of her face, "Now it's bedtime, Bonnie~"

"But-", Barbara tries to protest.

"Bup bup!", (Y/N) interrupts with a mischievous smile, "Bedtime, Bonnie Boo~!"

"Excuse-"

"Bedtime, Bonnie Boo Boo Bear~!" (Y/N) sang with the smuggest smile on his stupidly attractive face.

Out of sheer stubbornness, Barbara attempted to read her notes without her glasses.

The attempt lasted longer than the other times, but that wasn't saying much since she gave up after three minutes.

Barbara looked up at (Y/N)'s smug face and instead of feeling the usual reluctant embarrassment, all she felt was how right this felt.

The late-night one-sided play fights to get Barbara to go to bed.

The smug smiles.

The not-so-reluctant defeats.

The obvious love they both felt for each other.