The Sun, The Sea, And The Batkids (Duke Thomas x Reader)

A day at the beach with Duke and some of the batkids.

Another Duke chapter. Very soft of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                     ————————

"I forgot how hot it was in California," Stephanie said as she dug into cooler for a cola, "A lot warmer than Gotham for sure."

It was warm in California.

(Y/N) pulled her huge sunhat lower on your head.

She hated the Sun, the heat, the sand, the people.......

"Why am I here again?", Both (Y/N) and Tim grumbled.

"We're here to relax and enjoy the Sun and the sea," Duke said with a warm smile, "C'mon, it'll be fun."

"I might have a case right now-" Tim tried to argue and that got him over the head with (Y/N)'s sunhat.

"Nope!", Stephanie said gleefully as she kept the hat away from (Y/N), "No work, no batstuff, none of that. We're here to have fun. Like normal teens. Right, Cass?"

Cassandra looked around at the people on the beach below and nodded sagely.

"See? Even Cassandra agrees," Stephanie grinned before finally handing (Y/N) her hat back, "Now let's go enjoy our beach day!"

With that, Stephanie took Cassandra's hand and they both sprinted to find a spot on the beach.

Tim followed, albeit slowly and with a lot of grumbling.

(Y/N) pulled the sunhat even lower.

"I hate this," (Y/N) grumbled as she fixed the bag on her shoulder, "And why was a deigned as one of the parents?"

Duke shrugged, "You're the oldest?"

(Y/N) grumbled again and Duke smiled.

"Sunscreen me, Cass!", Stephanie demanded as she gestured to the bottle of sunscreen in her hand, "I'll sunscreen you in return."

"I think we should all put on some sunscreen," Duke suggested and started passing around bottles of sunscreen, "Tim, (Y/N), you too especially. You know how easily you burn."

(Y/N) grumbled again, but then smirked.

"Only if you put it on for me," (Y/N) said with a very smug smile which was completely wiped off when Duke applied some sunscreen onto her nose.

She went cross-eyed trying to look at the cold, white stuff on her face.

"Okay then," Duke said as he settled himself behind her, "I don't mind. Tim, I can do you later, but you think you can set up the umbrella so long?"