I'm Not Mad, I Just Wanna Talk (A/N)

This has been plaguing me since I started writing Batfamily One Shots.

It has to do with many readers mentioning my spelling on certain characters' names.

Now, I'm not mad in the slightest.

I know how unsettling it can be when the idiot author (aka me) gets the spelling of your favourite character's name wrong.

The two characters that are frequently mentioned (not that much, but they're important) are:

Selina Kyle (a more recent one)
Damien/ Damian (to appease the readers) Wayne.

Selina Kyle is more of an autocorrect thing.

Either my phone hates or my computer is confusing me while I'm editing when I'm tired (If it's underlined with red it's a mistake. Apparently.).

Also, I keep getting confused with the 'e' and 'i' in her name. Especially when I'm tired (which is all the time these days).

That explains the Selina/Silena/Selena Kyle issue.

As for the more pressing issue:

The spelling of Damien/Damian Wayne.

I have received many comments (not that many, you guys are pretty wholesome) about the way I spell his name.

Just note that for the longest time I thought DC spelled his name as 'Damien'.

I do not read the comics as I do not have the means to acquire the comics.

The only superhero comics I've ever read are one or two Marvel comics.

I have watched the animated DC movies, animated DC series, a few screenshots of some pages in the comics and I have religiously read the wiki.

So anyway, didn't really know that they spelled his names as 'Damian' until after the first chapter of Batfamily One Shots.

My friends pointed out that it was spelled 'Damian' and as someone who has only known 'Damiens' in my life, I decided to stick to 'Damien'.

I didn't think anyone would mind or notice.

Mostly, because I didn't think anyone would like it enough to read it in the first place.

Yet, here we are, 184k reads (thank you), 5,48k votes (thank you again) and quite a few comments (not that many) on the spelling of his name.

Basically, I just feel more comfortable writing 'Damien' instead of 'Damian'.

My computer doesn't mind the spelling 'Damien', my phone autocorrected it to 'D'lamiens' once.

Spelling things in a certain way is a big thing to me.

I know a lot of you will find it weird, some of you will say I might have OCD (I might), some might relate.

I prefer the spelling of 'Damien'.

It's familiar to me.

Sorry, if it annoys some (quite a few) of you.

I didn't mean for it to bother anyone, but I would like to write in a way that is legible and comfortable. Please and Thank you.

Thank you for reading.

In other news, just discovered I'm lactose intolerant.