Not Strangers Part 3 (Jason Todd x Reader ft. Tim Drake)

Call this a brotp and a thank you for the 3k votes.

You and Tim just keep meeting.
Jason is confused, Tim is suspicious and you just wanted a waffle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---------

You breathed in the sweet smell of waffles and coffee, and sighed contentedly.

This was your favourite cafe for sure.

They served the best waffles and their coffee was brewed to perfection.

"Here's your waffle and coffee, Miss," The barista said as they served you your breakfast.

"Thank you," You said as you paid.

You turned to go to the seating area, but you stopped when you felt a pair of eyes on you.

You turned to your left and there he was.

Tim, the boy who you had met at the beach.

Tim looked just as confused to see you here, but he waved nonetheless.

You gestured to the seating area and Tim followed.

"Nice to see you again, Tim," You greeted when you were both seated, "You come to this cafe often?"

"Nice to you too," Tim replied after sipping his coffee, "No, I don't come to this cafe often. It's my first time here. I was supposed to meet my older brother, but he was....occupied."

You nodded, "My boyfriend was supposed to meet me here too, but he is also occupied."

"Huh," Tim said slowly, "That's...something. You like waffles?"

You nodded, "Yes, they are sweet, but not too sweet."

It was silent after that, but it wasn't awkward.

The silence was comfortable, and reassuring.

"What type of coffee do you like?", Tim asked with sudden interest.

"I like double or triple shot espressos," You replied easily, "I'm more of a tea person, though."

"I like dark roast," Tim said, "What's your favourite tea?"

"I like any kind of green tea," You replied, "When I was still living in Japan, my Sensei would always serve the best green tea to soothe the body and mind after a long day of training."

"You trained a lot?", Tim asked, "Were you an assassin or something like that?"

You paused and were about to answer him when your phone rang.

"Sorry," You said as you answered the phone, "Hello?"

"(Y/N)," Jason answered, "Your...cousin? Yeah, your cousin is in our house. Roy is here too, but she doesn't speak English so we're having a hard time over here. You think you could come home?"