Damsel In Distress (Reader x Dick Grayson)

This was requested by @LovesickHeroReader.
Reader is kidnapped by a bunch of criminals and Dick goes to save her, but she can handle herself just fine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a rather perfect day.

You and Dick had gone surfing, had a delicious dinner at your favorite restaurant and had had ice cream for dessert.

Everything had been perfect.

And like all good things, it had to end on a bad note.

Dick had to take a phone call away from the noise, so he had asked you to wait at the ice-cream parlor while he took the call. 

When he came back however, you were gone. 

He had searched all over the parlor, all over the surrounding streets and alleys, but you were just... gone. 

Dick couldn't believe he had been so careless. 

He hadn't been paying attention and now you had been taken somewhere. 

Probably, you were in some horrible, dirty warehouse, surrounded by a bunch of disgusting goons who would do horrible to you. 

He had to find you somehow. 

Just then, his phone rang. 

He checked the caller ID. 

It was you!

"(Y/N)?!", He asked through the phone. 

"Nope!", A deep male voice sounded, "And if ya don't listen to whats we gotta say, the girlie here won't live to see tomorrow. Got it?" 

Dick clenched his fists, "Let me hear her. I need to know that she's ok." 

There was shuffling before you spoke through the phone, "Dick, I'm okay. No need to panic. There aren't that many anyway. We're in a–" 

"The only way you're gonna see your girlie again is if you give us twenty thousand bucks," Another guy with a higher pitched voice said, "Meet us at the old sardine warehouse." 

The guy then hung up. 

Dick knew what he had to do. 

He was going to save you.

You sighed heavily. 

What an annoying turn of events. 

The day had been absolutely perfect until some random goons decided to knock you out, drag you to an abandoned sardine warehouse and decide that you were only worth twenty thousand dollars. 

You were priceless! 

Or at least much more than tens of thousands of dollars. 

"Am I really only worth two thousand dollars to you?", You asked finally. 

The men turned to look at you with confused expressions, "Is that all you have to say? We kidnapped you and now you gotta wait here for your boyfriend and the money so you can leave." 

"Yeah," Another one the men said, "Besides, we just need the extra cash. You're just some broad that Grayson's having fun with. As soon as he gets here, we'll take him out and get more cash." 

You looked at him in stunned silence. 

Then you glared at him dangerously, "I am not some broad! I could take you all out right now!" 

They all burst out laughing. 

"Yeah, right, girlie!", The presumed leader of these goons said, "Let her out of her bonds. Just to humor her." 

Like the idiots they were, they untied you.

As soon as you got up, you punched their leader in the face, followed by a roundhouse kick.

There was a stunned silence as the men watched their leader get knocked out cold.

"Whose next?", You asked.

Dick cursed as he reached the warehouse.

Gotham had too many old warehouses. 

It was hard to identify a specific one.

As soon as entered the warehouse, he tried to listen for the sound of your voice or the voices of your captors, but he heard nothing.

Then his phone rang.

Dick quickly checked the caller ID and answered, "(Y/N)?"

"Oh, hi sweetie," You answered slightly breathless, "I'm on the second floor."

Dick quickly found the stairs and took them two at a time.

When he reached the room, he had to do a shocked doubletake.

You were casually stretching, like you usually did after a daily workout, while all around you were your unconscious captors.

"(Y/N)? Are you ok?", Dick asked as he walked towards you and gave you a kiss.

"Yeah," You replied, "A little insulted, but I'm okay."

Dick surveyed the mass of unconscious bodies on the floor.

They looked pretty beat up.

"What took you so long?", You asked suddenly.

"I–I got lost," Dick said sheepishly, "All the warehouses look the same. By the way, did you, did you do this to all of them?"

You shrugged, "Yeah, why?"

Dick looked at you with a shocked expression, "Well, it's just–!"

"Can we go home? This place is pretty disgusting and the police will be here soon so..." You said nonchalantly.

"Why are you so nonchalant about this?", Dick asked with surprise laced in his voice, "You just beat up a dozen guys. Single-handedly might I add."

You shrugged as you tugged him down the stairs, "It was no big deal honestly. Stop being so chalant about it."

Dick smiled at the reference from his days on the team.

"You're right," He said, "Time to get whelmed and go home!"

"You still owe me ice-cream though..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pretty fun one shot to write.
Thank you @LovesickHeroReader for sending your requests.
They were really fun to write.
Hope you enjoyed.