Chapter 17: Revelations

Evelyn

It was as if time moved on in slow motion from the moment he sat me back at the table.

My wrist throbbed with burned as the blood coursed through it from his attack.

He didn't address what happened. It was almost as if it had never happened for him. Liam sat at the table eating, joking with the girls, as if nothing had happened, as if I hadn't try to escape.

My stomach grumbled in defiance, causing Liam's eyes to shoot over to me.

I picked up my knife and fork, and bit down on my lip as pain spread like strikes of lightning up at down my wrist.

"Let me help you my sweet doll," he said gently taking them from me and cutting portions of my ham into bite-sized bits. "There you go sweetheart," he said handing the fork back to me, but holding onto the knife, placing it besides his own.

I stared at him feeling tears welling in my eyes, realizing the severity of the situation I was in. No one knew where I was. No one knew much about Liam, not even the police. I was in danger. He could kill me and no one would ever know. He had already hurt me now a few times and there was little I could do to stop him. I was in danger and the cloud of darkness and dread had now washed over me, filling me with its despair.

His stare continued to linger, his eyes growing darker each second that passed.

"Thank you," I meekly mumbled, catching the briefest smile from Liam  before adverting my gaze from his eyes  and to my plate.

I stabbed the fork into the ham and brought it to my lips and took it into my mouth.

The ham was delicious, sweet and juicy, before I could even finish chewing it Liam began speaking once more, "Delicious right? Abby has trained as a chef. Her food is amazing. She's currently teaching Laurel to cook as well. Laurel has many strengths, but cooking hasn't been one of her strongest, right dear?"

Laurel shook her head and smiled, "You are so right Liam, but I will get better."

Liam looked at Laurel adoringly before raising her hand to his lips and placing the softest kiss there. "I know you will doll, I know."

The once delicious ham turned sour in my stomach as I tried not to lose my dinner.

I took a few bites here and there, but sat and waited quietly until dinner and desert ended. The small talk was like nails on a chalkboard. The delicious food was like poison trying to deceive me, trying to make me buy into this delusional world that Liam had built.

"Hannah," Liam said turning his head to the red head. "Will you take Evelyn back upstairs to her room please? Tend to her wrist. It's definitely fractured."

"Of course Liam," she said getting up from her chair.

I followed suit and followed her down the hallway.

As we neared the front door my heartbeat's pace kicked up onto overdrive. Do I chance it? Do I try to escape?

It was like Hannah read my mind as she began up the first step and turned back towards me. Her eyes darted to the dining room and then to me and clearly mouthed, Don't, as she shook her head.

My eyes widened at her single word. I could see in her eyes there was more that she couldn't say.

Would she be able to help me escape? Or was she just a pawn in this game that Liam was playing?

My heart quickened as I passed the door and followed her up the stairs and back to my room.

Once in, she shut the door behind her and immediately went to the bathroom and brought out a first aide kit.

"Take a seat on the bed," she calmly stated and sat down herself.

I sat down beside her as she opened the kit.

"Let me see your wrist," she said already taking it in her hand.

I winced and yelped at her grasp.

"So sorry," she said as she looked over it carefully. "It most likely is fractured, possibly a torn tendon, hopefully not. Hard to tell without the proper equipment, but we will wrap it and keep a close eye on it. Can you grab the gauze from the kit?"

Strange, I thought as I grabbed it and pulled it out of the kit. I almost didn't notice the small slip of paper underneath it that said on dark bold letters. CAMERAS EVERYWHERE.

"Ouch," I cried out as she gripped my wrist tightly drawing my attention back to her.

"So sorry," she said taking the gauze and wrapping it tightly around my wrist and then grabbing a cloth bandage to go on top of it.

"Did you see a clasp in there for this," she asked looking around in the box. I think it was beneath the gauze. "Did you see it?"

Her eyes were looking at me warily and I know the question had double meaning. The note.

I nodded in response as she said, "Oh here it is," and took it out and clipping the bandage in place. "You should try to use it as little as possible for now. It'll be quite sore regardless of what is wrong with it."

She got up then and returned the bathroom with the kit.

When she came back out the kit was gone and she headed toward the door. "I'll see you tomorrow Evelyn. Liam will be up shortly to say goodnight," and with that she left.

Liam

I listened carefully for their footsteps as the proceeded down the hallway.

I was aware that Evelyn may try to escape, but I felt like after what had occurred upstairs she wouldn't try again, at least not tonight.

Abby and Laurel had begun to clear dinner, so I made my way back into the formal living room and back to my seat with a bottle of whiskey and glass on hand.

My eyes kept going from the fire to the top of the staircase. My fingers drummed against the wooden arm of the chair.

How I desperately wanted to go up there and give Evelyn a piece of my mind from her earlier stint. How desperately I wanted to know what they were discussing. It didn't matter though, I could always watch it back later and find out for myself.

Besides, Evelyn was with Hannah. My sister would never betray me.

Shorter chapter, but that ending though!!! 😱

Also, a Liam POV at the end of this chapter, I know it's been a while since we've heard from him!

Will Evelyn ever be able to escape? Will Hannah help? Or will Hannah's loyalty always lie with Liam?

Remember to vote, comment, and share!!!