Chapter 22: Defeat

I waited for ten or so minutes, didn't really have a clock to know, before I finally let the sobs rack through my body. I was silent, I couldn't let him know he had broken me. I wasn't completely broken, but close to it. I bit my lip to control my cry of defeat while I waited.

All I did was wait. I felt his cum drip from my body and down my thigh, unable to wipe it away. All I was able to let it dry and crust on my skin, filling my body with disgust.

It seemed like the waiting would be endless, that no escape was in sight. It felt as if he would leave me here for all eternity to wallow in the abuse he had inflicted upon me.

I tried to free myself from my restraints, but it was a perilous plight. It only rubbed and tore at the skin of my ankles and wrists. What worried me more was him coming back if he fought harder against the restraints. I feared he would punish me now if I did. So I just lay there. My sweaty back turning cold against the hard wooden surface. My muscles tensing and becoming sore with the lack of movement.

I wondered if he was indeed watching me. I thought it to be so. I could almost imagine his upturned grin, the glee dancing in his eyes at the fact he had taken me after he had revealed to me the dark childhood he had lived, which turned him into the monster he became today.

The puzzle pieces were now falling into the place. The outside edges formed, giving stability to the picture inside it. Hannah had clicked into place even more so with that story, showing why she had stayed with him. They both suffered trauma. They both only had one another then and now. And they both had dirt on one another that would send them to prison for life.

Abby's pieces had begun to form, however many were still missing. I was astounded to learn that they had been high school sweethearts. Though it did fit with the way she pranced around, the tone of her voice, the way she eyed me when she came. But what was unknown, what was the missing piece, was why had she stayed? She could've gone to the police. True, his story could've been a lie, but I felt deep down it was his troubling truth.

What puzzled me the most, what remained fully unformed in my mind was Laurel. How did she fit into this all?  Had she been like me? Had he taken her? Had he broken her into being the perfect doll he sought?

Other than the first night at dinner, I had not seen nor spoken to Laurel. I made it my plan to seek her out. I would have to get her alone. I would have to get her to the basement cellar. How I would do that, I hadn't a clue.

As I waited, I could tell the time in the day was changing, from early morning to afternoon from the golden light filtering in from the windows behind me.  Time progressed slowly into night, leaving me encapsulated in the darkness of the room when it finally fell.

My stomach rumbled. I hadn't eat anything today. I felt my insides twisting together, praying to find nutrients from deep inside.

My bladder felt it was about to burst, but I refused to let it go. What had happened to me was already torturous enough. I couldn't bare the embarrassment of wetting myself and him coming back to find me.

Finally, when I thought I could take it no more, the doors of the library study opened sending a beam of warm light over my body.

Footsteps prodded over to me, no voice called out to me, but I knew it was him even without lifting my head.

I heard knife against rope. The sawing of it invading my ears. Moments later my left leg was free. I let it lay flat against the spindle of the table, not daring to move even as much as a millimeter. He freed my right legs next and then both arms.

I took a deep breath in, a slight temple reverberating through my chest cavity at the feeling of freedom.

Liam's hand softly traveled from my shoulder, down the length of my arm and to my hand. He grasped it firmly and pulled me up into a seated position on the table.