Chapter 31: Black and Blue and No Hope For You

Is this chapter edited or not edited, that is the question?

And the answer is.....
No definitely not!😆 but I hope it's still good.

Evelyn

I wish I were dead was my first thought when I awoke from my beaten slumber. Every inch of me ached. My face and head felt like one giant welt throbbing as blood coursed through my veins.

I could only see out if my right eye. My left had completely swollen shut. I glanced around to see that I was in Liam's room on his bed. Liam was no where in sight.

I moved to sit up in bed and a sharp stabbing pain leapt from rib to rib to rib on my right sight causing me to exhale in pain.

The bathroom door opened up then to a stone faced Liam.

"Get back in the bed Evelyn," he growled. "Now!"

I moved my legs from the side of the bed back to the mattress and leaned against the headboard the best I could.

He came over toward me like a lion hunting an injured gazelle, cold, callous, moving with purpose.

As he reached me his face twisted into something grotesque and his hand moved at record speed from his side to above him before the back of his hand connecting hard with the injured left side of my face.

I cried out in pain, tears springing into my good eye, as my own hands moved to cradle my face.

"Have you learned your lesson," he coolly sneered as he look down at me as if I were a disgusting growth of life. He bent down, forcing my chin up to look at his dead soulless eyes, "Because if you haven't I can't promise that next time it won't be the end of you, understand?"

I softly shook my head, trying to turn away from his deathly stare, but he yanked me back to his unrelenting gaze.

"Look what you made me do to your poor beautiful face," he said stroking the injured half of it, sending ricochets of pain in their wake. I jerked away and he pulled me back to him before backhanding me once more and uttering a simple, "Stop."

His hand stroked my face more before trailing down my body and gingerly over each rib sending flames of pain down my side.

"Please stop," I cried out as he jabbed his finger into a rib.

"I think that this is broken," he told me as he jabbed at it again.

I yelped in pain as he did it three more times before standing up.

"Get up," he demanded.

I followed his order, not wanting to feel anymore pain tonight.

"Come," he ordered and I followed along like an injured animal out of his room and limped into the one next to it that I had never been in.

It was set up similarly to a hospital room. He motioned for me to sit on the exam table like chair and I obliged. The pain in my body making me feel weak in the knees. I didn't think I could stay afoot much longer.

He fiddled around with a few things on the counter and in the cabinets before coming to me with a small metal tray of medical tools.