Chapter 7: Second Date

Dedicated to nakoalucas9 for being one of my first and most loyal readers to this story!

Liam

The last surgery took longer than anticipated,
as did the after surgery check-in after anesthesia. It was seven by the time I finally got back to my office to gather my things and go back to my apartment.

I sighed as I sat down in my chair for a moment and signed into my phone to check in on my perfect little doll.

Her tracker indicated she was home. Good girl, I thought with a smile and then clicked to see where she was.

Her and her roommate were sitting on the couch watching a rerun of some reality show. Evelyn wasn't really eating, more so playing with her food and barely watching on the show. I could see in her face that something was not quite right.

I selected audio on and listened in. For a few minutes, it was silence other than the conversation in the background of the tv.

"Stop it," Ana began, throwing a piece of garlic bread at Evie. It hit her right in the side of the head and bounced into her lap.

"Ana," Evie yelled. "What the hell did you do that for?"

"To distract you from thinking about that Jackass Jackson," she replied taking a large bite of her pasta.

My hands instantly clenched into fists. Why the he'll was she continuing to think about him? My heart hammered in my chest filled with rage.

"I just don't understand why I can't get over him. Every time I feel like I'm ready to move on, bam there he is texting me or I run into him somewhere."

My hand slammed down on the counter in angry frustration. He saw her! It was definitely by no accident that she ran into him today.

I clicked to my app that monitored her text messages and saw he had texted her after as well. 

Jackson

Can we please meet up to talk?

Jackson

Evelyn, please. There's so much more I want to say. I know I can't make it right, but I want to try.

Jackson

Please don't ignore me.

She hadn't replied to any of his messages. Good girl I thought. My lip turning upwards into a small smile.

Now, to deal with this ex -boyfriend problem, I thought and headed out the door.

Evelyn

The next day...

All day was awful. Work was awful. Everything everyone did got on my nerves. Jackson still lingered in my thoughts, but had not tried to contact me again thankfully. He cheated on me, I don't know why I couldn't just erase him from my mind like he did to me that day he cheated.

The only saving grace in this rotten day was dinner with Liam tonight. He had texted me consistently throughout the past few days, something Jackson never had been able to do to meet my needs. He texted me first thing this moment at around 6:00am.