Chapter 40: Goodbye

Liam

"You won't get far," I call out to her as I step over Hannah's body to exit the house.

How quickly things had gotten out of hand.  I did not imagine it all happening this way, but all I wanted was for Evie and I to grow our family and when I got my hands on her I will chain her to the bed until she gives birth to my child. If she thought she despised her life her now in my home, our home, then she was in for a rude awakening. An awakening that would truly change her make her see, make her feel how I feel, make her my possession once and for all.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are my love. You won't get far. You belong to me," I shout into the night air as snow begins to fall once more and continue in the pursuit of my perfect doll.

Evelyn

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me away from the house, through a blanket of snow, until I was doubled over and panting. I had to get away. I couldn't stop, but I had become so out of shape since I had first come to this hell house.

I could hear Liam calling after me, taunting me  I knew he was close. I knew he would catch me. My fears were even further confirmed when I ran into a large brick wall that surround the entire span of the house.

I ran down it a ways, feeling the rough ragged brick against my hand seeking escape but feeling none, swinging none, acknowledging there was none.  I had to make my own escape.

I stopped and took a deep breath hearing his footsteps coming closer and closer.

I stood, breathing and waiting. Waiting for him to come. Waiting for him to catch me. Because as long as he was alive there would be no escape.

"Tsk tsk, Evie my doll," he says as he comes up behind me.  "You've made quiet the mess of things. You're lucky you are carrying my child, otherwise you would be severely punished," he tells me as he touches my left shoulder.  His hand then drifts to my stomach and gently caresses it. "Think of the damage you could have done to the baby, our baby, with this futile escape plan. Evie, there's no escape. You are mine and I am yours and we are a family."

"No.  We. Are. Not," I say through gritted teeth, my hand slipping into the right pocket of my dress.

"Evie, stop it now. You are already in trouble," he chides and aggressively grabs my hair and pulls my head back toward him, exposing my neck to him.

I look up at him and see the darkness bouncing between his eyes, trying to remain tame for the sake of our child.

"Tell me you are sorry love," he growls.

I obliged. "I'm sorry, my love," I tell him and tears form in my eyes. "Please don't hurt me," I add for good measure. "I made an awful mistake. I'm so very sorry."

His eyes brighten ever so slightly and he loosens his grip on my hair a bit.

"Now," he continues. "Tell me how much you love me."

"I love you more than anything," I breathily reply and clench my hand around the handle of the knife.

His eyes brighten further and his face breaks into a smile.

"Now that's my good girl. Now tell me you're mine and only mine," he gloats, clearly pleased with himself and the way that my capture is going.

"I'm yours, only yours," I repeat and he releases my hair and pulls me into his arms kissing the side of my head before parting our bodies.

He stands but inches always from me now. His hand on the side of my face, stroking it ever so softly.

"Now give me a kiss," he demands pulling my head towards me.

I close the distance and place my lips on his and he quickly devours them me I play along. I kiss him greedily as his eyes close mine remain open. I slowly withdraw the knife from my dress pocket.

The kiss intensified and I knew it was the time. I knew I had to do it.

I swing the knife up toward his neck and pull the blade across it, hard and deep. Slicing through the thin skin feels like nothing I have ever cut through, but I force it from side to side of his neck, not loosening my force though my stomach lurches at the action of it.

He hurriedly in a panic pulls from me trying to grab the knife as I am halfway through the front of his neck, but I knee him in his balls subduing him and as he drops to the ground the neck length deep slide is complete.

Dark thick red blood spews from the wounds and coats the pure white snow.  His hands reach up to stop the onslaught  of blood, but it spews in between his fingers as he chokes on it.

I bend down and spit in his pathetic face as I bend down to his level.

"I. Do. Not. Belong. To. You," I yell and emphasize every word as I take the knife and stab it into his chest.

His pain ridden eyes only give me pleasure and I smile devilishly knowing what I had done to him will kill him, but I feel no guilt.

As he stares up at me hopeless I dig into his pockets and pull out his keys.

I take one more glance at him  at this level letting him reveal in my happiness before I stand above him and begin to walk away.

"Goodbye, Liam," I say and walk away.

Whoa! Did you see that coming?

Do you think Liam will die? Will Evelyn free herself from this hell?

What did you think of this chapter?

Remember to vote, comment, and share!!