Chapter 6: Our Day Apart

Liam

The best part of my day was getting to check in on Evie. First thing this morning at 5:00am, I checked and found her asleep in bed. Her hair billowing out around her. Her blankets were tousled around her and a bare leg stuck out to mid-thigh. She clung onto a pillow, cradling it between her arms and chest. Soon I would replace that pillow.

At 7:00am, before I went into surgery, I checked on her once more. She had just woken up. She stretched before she got out of bed and threw the blankets off her. I bit my lower lip and she sauntered over to her bathroom in nothing but a T-shirt and black panties. Those blank panties could barely contain her perfect round  ass. I put away my phone before she could distract me further.

At 11:00, after I had finished surgery, she was now at work. I could only check in on her now by her tracking device. It blinked bright red at where my doll should be.

I took a quick lunch, and went into another two hour surgery. I loved my job, I loved perfecting people, but I hated that it took me away from her.

When I checked my phone again at 1:30, Evelyn was no longer in her office, but a cafe near her work.  Pretty late lunch, I thought and sighed in frustration, not enjoying that she was in the public's eye, and not able to be as closely monitored. I had to put my unease at bay as I went into my final and longest surgery for the day.

Evelyn

Monday's, I hate Monday's, I thought as I got out of bed and stretched as my alarm went off at 7:00 am. I never had been a morning person, but this job had me getting up earlier and earlier. I didn't have to be at the office until 9:00, but if I didn't get in sooner I would never get caught up on everything by the end of the day and would have to stay later, which I hated almost as much as getting up early.

I went into law due to both of my parents being lawyers, but heaven forbid I worked at their firm. However, if had I may not be having to do all the grunt work I typically have to do.

I quickly showered and dressed in a gray pant suit and black blouse. The suit fit like a glove, something my mother always made sure I knew how to do was dress professionally. Some men still didn't take us as serious as our male counterparts and she wanted to make sure I was treated with respect. No skirts, no dresses, dress like them men and they'll treat you like the men she would always tell me.

I wandered into the kitchen and grabbed a banana and headed out the door. Even though Ana and I worked together she was of course not awake. She always was getting to work right at 9:00. She refused to work before the hours she was paid, which I understood, but in order to be successful sometimes you have to do what you don't particularly want to do, because of the benefits it will provide later on.

By 11:00am I was up to my neck in research for a court case one of the lawyers at the firm was hired in on. He countlessly made do things like this and claim all my hard work as his own, but I was used to it. My stomach growled, from only having a banana for breakfast. I sighed in frustration as I continued on with my work.

By 1:00, Dean another lawyer at the firm, son of the lawyer I was doing all the work for, tapped on my open door. "I haven't seen you leave this office all day," he said with his perfect white toothy grin dimples forming on his perfectly shaven cheeks.

"Been busy," I replied looking up from my work. Dean and I got along really well. He had not actually flirted with me, but I've always been good at reading people, something that made becoming a lawyer even easier. You could see clues in the way someone looked at you, the tone in their voice, the difference in the way they smiled at you rather than someone else. He definitely was interested in me, but I never mixed business with pleasure.

"Go get lunch, you're going to waste away," he said with a small chuckle.

"I could waste away a little," I replied with a smile.

"Definitely not," he said meeting me with a smile.

And there it was, the proof he was into me.

I stood up grabbing my bag and putting my jacket back on to hid the exposed skin of my shoulders and neck 

He moved out of the way so I could pass, "Be back in a bit," I said and walked over to the elevator and down to the main entrance.

A few minutes later I was waiting in line at the nearby cafe to get a sandwich and soda, caffeine and I were in a committed relationship and even thought I had already had two cups of coffee and a previous diet soda I needed more.

I placed my order and shifted over to the other side of the restaurant to wait at the pick up window.

I looked down at my watch to see ten minutes had already passed at it was now 1:20. We were allowed a 45 minute lunch and normally this place was super quick, which was why it was my spot of choice, but today they seemed short staffed.

I brought out  my phone to absentmindedly check my social media when I heard, "Evelyn."

I turned around and my stomach fell and my hunger disappeared.  Jackson stood in front of me.

"I thought that was you," he said with an awkward smile. He looked exactly the same as the last time I saw him. Disheveled dirty blonde hair, the faintest bit of blonde stubble covering he face, staring at me with his puppy dog blue eyes.

I was frozen, speechless, and then I heard the waitress call my name. I turned back toward the counter and grabbed my food and tried to walk past him to the door.

"Evelyn, wait," Jackson said reaching out to grab me by the elbow.

I yanked my arm away and glared at him.

"Jackson, I have nothing to say to you," I said trying to walk out the door, but he followed.

"Please, just a minute," he pleaded right outside the cafe.

"I have to get back to work," I replied scooting backwards away from him.

"I'm sorry, Evelyn, more than you can imagine. I made a mistake and I'm sorry," he said holding up his arms in front of him.

"A mistake," I nearly shouted. "Cheating on someone is not a mistake Jackson!  It is a relationship ended, it is not something you can come back from. Calling it a mistake is not showing the gravity of what you did."

"I know," he said staring down at the ground shaking his head, before looking at me. "Evelyn I'm truly sorry. Losing you has really put so much into perspective for me and I still love you. I haven't been sure how to approach you or what to say and so I haven't said anything, but now I am. Please let me try to make this right."

"That's not going to happen Jackson," I replied and turned to walk back to work, leaving my appetite behind with Jackson's disappointed look.

Tsk Tsk Evie, Liam's not going to like this interaction with Jackson!

What do you think about Evelyn and Jackson? Should she just get over him already or let him talk things out with her?

Remember to vote, comment, and share! I love your support!