Chapter 16: Welcome to the Dollhouse

Dedicated to saumya0705 for all your support lately! Thanks, you're the best!

We walked from the sitting room back into the hallway a short distance until we reached the entryway of the dining room. The hair on my arms stood at attention and goosebumps littered my arms as my brain replayed Liam saying we over and over again.

My body nearly stiffened at the sight of two women sitting across from each other at the table.

One had wavy shoulder length coal black hair that was done up in a half pony tail with a pink bow around the top. She piercing icy blue eyes that stared at me with excited wonder. Her pale skin was even lighter than the pale pink dress she wore. Her small nose came out at a point and her thin pink lips were formed into a wide smile, showing her perfect immaculate white teeth.

The other had straight dark red hair that fell straight down to her mid back. Her hazel eyes look me up and down, without any other part of her body moving. Her red lips were turned up into a smile without baring any teeth. Her burgundy dress complimented her pale alabaster skin and hair perfectly.

I wanted to scream help, but felt deep down at my core that help would not be found here at this moment in time.

A second later a blonde walked in. Her wavy blonde locks fell in waves down past her chest. Her sharp jawline and cheekbones accentuated the look of distain on her face when she saw me more evident. Her ocean blue eyes barely glanced at me with nothing more than a glare before she put down a large silver platter of ham on the middle of the table and adverting her gaze from me to Liam, looking at him with adoring eyes.

"Dinner's ready," she stated happily as she looked at Liam and then back to me with a scrunched up nose. "She's not dressed for dinner." It took me a second to realize that each girl was in an outfit that was fit for a date to a fancy restaurant or gala event.

"It's okay, Abigail," he said pulling out a chair next to the red head and indicating with his hand that I sit, to which I silently agreed and sat down. What the hell is going on here, I thought as the blonde took the seat across from me and next to the black haired woman. Liam took a seat at the head of the table and began unfolding his napkin and placing it in his lap, which the girls immediately followed suit in doing.

The red head elbowed me lightly and pointed her head to my own napkin. I grabbed it with shaking hands and placed it in my lap too.

I began to look around the room and barely could pay attention to the conversation going around me. The dining room clearly linked to the kitchen, as Abby came from there. The front door was back towards the sitting room. I quickly memorized the path I had taken from my room to the very spot I sat in until Liam began to speak loudly and distracted me from my thoughts.

"What's for dinner tonight, Abby," he asked looking at the blonde with a loving smile, even though all the food was clearly laid out in front of us to which we could easily distinguish.

She smiled back at him, looking at him with longing eyes, like he was the only thing she could see in the room. "I made a honey ham, garlic mashed red potatoes, and green beans with homemade biscuits. Laurel made a homemade apple pie for desert as well." The black haired girl flashed a wide eager smile, nearly bouncing in her seat, and looked at Liam at the announcement of her name.

"Sounds delicious," he said as Abby began to place food on each person's plate. Each girl said thank you after she did and then she'd move to the next plate.

When she came to me, she clearly gave me a look of disgust. I noticed that with me she was less careful with putting the food down on my own plate and nearly dropped it atop it. After she served me she stared at me, clearly waiting, eyes beginning to narrow into a glare the longer she waited. "Manners are important," she huffed frustratedly.