Chapter 27: Audrey

Evelyn

"Since you have been a good girl, Evelyn. I'll tell you a story, sound good, hmm?"

I nodded, letting my curiosity get the better of me. I needed to know what I was up against. I needed to know what to do and not to do. I needed to survive. And I needed to see if I could use anything to my advantage if I ever hoped to escape in a way that was other than death.

Liam

I saw her sitting alone in the coffee shop, eyes engrossed on her cellphone, oblivious to the world around her, no clue that my eyes had been staring to her at her for a few minutes now.  The slightest smirk graced her perfect angelic heart shaped face as she typed away on that pesky little device.

I had just gone in to get coffee before heading in to see my first patient and low and behold there she was just sitting there, waiting for me.  Perfection was the word that came to mind as I laid eyes on her. Her long pin-straight jet black hair cascaded down her shoulders and ended below her rib cage. She wore a black V-neck t-shirt that showed too much of her ample chest, beneath that she wore tight dark skinny jeans, and black thigh high boots. Her lips were painted crimson red. Her eyes were so entranced in her phone that I could only see the thick black mascara lined eyelashes hiding their hue.

"Audrey," the barista called out which made my perfect doll head perk up, revealing eyes bluer than sapphire.

I was in love.

Her slim body stood from her chair and sauntered over to the counter to retrieve her drink.

"Thanks," she said, her voice high and light, just a whisper in the wind and started walking towards the spot where I stood.

I dropped my briefcase and as I came up from grabbing it, I made sure to bump into her, hard enough that the dropped from her dainty fingers and fell to the floor, spilling upon impact.

"I'm so sorry," I said lifting her nearly empty cup from the floor.

"It's okay," she said her voice light and airy, the sound of a heavenly angel that had graced me when her presence.

"Let me buy you a new one," I offered.

"You don't have to," she replied sweetly.

"I insist," I said flashing her a smile that would charm the pants off many.

"Well if you insist," she replied.

And the rest that followed was sweet, pure, bliss.

Six Months Later

It had been nothing but pure perfection ever since I had met Audrey. I couldn't get enough of her and she couldn't get enough of me. I tried to see her as much as I could, but my other dolls still needed attention.

It was unfortunate, all I had every wanted was everyone to love me, but the only love I wanted now was Audrey's.

She had a late night class at her college that fateful night that brought her home to my dollhouse. She was working hard to get her masters degree.

If only she knew she would never need to work again if she would just let me take care of her.

I decided to surprise her. She left her apartment unlocked all the time. I warned her it was a bad idea, that just anyone could come in, but I knew she wouldn't mind if that anyone was me.