Chapter 5: After Date Gossip

Evelyn

"Ouch," I said aloud as I tried to skip my foot into my heel.

I felt the skin on the back of my ankle and found it red and raw. A slight scratch on the back of it.

"Stupid heels," I muttered as I rubbed it softly and begrudgingly slipped the blue heel with the annoying back clasp that scratched up the backs of my ankles.

Liam strode back into the room from the bedroom. His nighttime clothes replaced with a black thermal sweater that hugged tightly against his toned chest, paired with a pair of dark blue jeans.

"Ready," he asked grabbing his keys on the console table by the door.

"Yes," I said standing up feeling the clasp and strap of the heel digging into my ankle uncomfortably, making the walk of shame even worse than it need to be. I walked over to the elevator and we both got in and rode down in silence.

I hopped that my calling off his moves on me didn't ruin things, but knowing me I always had the luck of ruining anything good.

"This way," he said when the doors open and led me over to his car. He opened the door for me and I slid in.

He got in after me, started the car, and pulled out of the garage. We drove in silence. My discomfort continued to rise as our journey continued.

He said that it was fine, that me asking him to stop and take it slow was okay, but Like any other guy who doesn't get what they want the distance themselves. I felt myself beginning to get angry when I felt him place his hand on mine.

I jerked my head up at him in surprise. He continued to look forward and drive, but began to speak.

"Who would've guessed going to get much between client meetings would've led to me getting to take the prettiest girl in Chicago our on a date," he said with a smile.

I rolled my eyes. "You are so cheesy."

"You like it," he said giving my hand a squeeze.

We pulled into a spot in front of my apartment complex and he withdrew his hand from mine to exit the car and come around to open up my door.

"Thank you for everything last night. Dinner was amazing!  I appreciate you taking care of me last night and for breakfast this morning, it was so.." and then he stopped me from talking by putting a finger to my lips to silence me.

"You don't have to thank me," he said. "I'm glad you agreed to go out with me," and leaned in to kiss me. His lips were soft on mine and his lips gently moved against mine as his hand caressed the back of my head. And then quickly his lips disappeared from mine and kissed my cheek. "Dinner Tuesday cant come soon enough, he said biting his bottom lip and walking back around to his car.

"Tuesday," I agreed with a nod and turned to walk into the building.

I made my way up the elevator and to my apartment, which of course was unlocked.

"Ana," I yelled as I walked in. "You need to remember to lock this door. I tell you this almost everyday!"

"I know I know," she says coming out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her and her head and began to look me up and down. "Well well looks like Ms. Goody Two Shoes is doing the walk of shame. So how was it," she asked walking over to the fridge.

"I didn't sleep with him," I replied pulling my heels and dropping them by the door.

"Yeah ooo-Kay," she said taking a drink directly from a lemonade container.

"Use a cup," I groaned as I sat down at the stool in front of the island.

"So particular," Ana grumbled grabbing a cup from a cabinet and pouring her drink in and taking a sip. "Stop trying to distract me, come on tell me about the date and after," she said leaning across the counter opposite me.

"Well it honestly was pretty amazing. We went to a five star restaurant and the food was amazing. Liam was pretty amazing too, honestly. He is such a gentleman, he's so different than Jackson."

She made a disgusted sound and a fake barf face. "Stop bringing him up, please! He is the absolute worst. He cheated on you! Forget him," she said taking the towel for her hair and shaking it before lightly pressing the towel up against her dark black locks.

"I know, it's just hard. I did love him. I thought he was the one," I said quietly.

"Well he most definitely was not. You know they say the best way to get over someone is to get under someone," Ana said winking at me.

"Oh my gosh stop," I said laughing. "We didn't sleep together. I got too drunk at dinner." Ana's jaw dropped in shock. She knew I didn't drink much, and hardly ever to the point to where I was drunk. "Okay I don't need your judgement Ana. Besides, you are always trying to get me to act more like I'm 25 and not 45 so hush." She held her hands up defensively but smiled. "So, I drank too much and I asked to go back to his place, which I know is even more unusual than getting drunk. And when I got there I passed out. He slept on the couch for me and gave me his bed. He even made me breakfast this morning."

"Evelyn that's sweet and all but so boring," she said with an eye roll. "I was looking forward to some juicy sexcapade," she said as a knock came at the door.

"Who's that," I asked as she walked towards the door, still I her towel, the girl had no shame.

"Comcast, the Internet has not been working since last night. I don't pay that huge bill for this to keep happening," she said loudly so the person the other side could hear her.

I shook my head and got off the stool to head to my room to shower. I heard her getting sassy with the Comcast man as I closed the door.

Liam

It's done, a simple text on my phone read as i continued my run to end his workout.

Sweat drilled from me, but I didn't care. I had to do something to fight off the pent up energy within me. I knew last night I wouldn't get to feel her soft perfect skin pressed up against mine, I knew I wouldn't have been able to hear her perfect voice moan my name in pleasure, but I thought this morning it was going to happen and I did not enjoy when things did not go my way, never have.

I logged into my phone and clicked my locator app. It blinked red showing that my girl was still in her apartment.

I clicked to the app beside it that opened up a video feed to see Evie stepping out of the bathroom in a pale blue towel, dark hair soaking wet down her back, the video feed was so good I could see the droplets of water on her skin. How I wished I could be a droplet on that perfect skin.

As she started to pull the towel off to dress I turned off the camera feed, when I saw her naked the first time I wanted it to be in person .

I smiled and took a breath, filled with content. Every step of my plan was falling into place, the next few steps would lead to my ultimate goal of making her fall in love with me.

Please remember to vote and comment!

What do you think of Ana, Evelyn's roommate and friend? She's definitely the opposite of Evelyn, and such a character.

And how about Liam and his creepy stalker behaviors? Did you see him being the reason why the Internet wasn't working at their house and putting in hidden cameras just to view his doll whenever he wanted? There's so much to still discover about him!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

Please remember to vote and comment!