Chapter 24: Be A Good Girl

I stayed in the bathroom for hours it seemed, contemplating what I was going to do. I couldn't be pregnant. I had an IUD, this had to be something else. Food poisoning? Maybe? Flu perhaps? The overwhelming amount of anxiety and stress that was compounding on me, most likely?

Finally, Liam strode in looking around for me. If I wouldn't have been here I would've thought that slight look of panic crept into his pristine facial features. Relief found its way into him when he found me leaning against the wall by the toilet.

His brows furrowed in confusion and worry and knelt down to my level. "What's wrong my love," he asked, kindness dripping from his words like ice cream  melting on a hot summer day.

"I don't feel well," I replied sheepishly.

"You poor thing," he said with sincerity and placed his hand to my forehead to check for a temperature much like my mother did when I was a child. "You're a little warm, but nothing alarming," he added with a tender smile. His hand slide down from my forehead to my cheek and finally to cup the side of my face rendering. "I'll tell you want, I'll run a bath for you, and go have Abby make you some of her homemade chicken soup. How does that sound?"

"Okay," was all I could say in reply before he hoisted me from the floor and walked with me over to the tub. Still holding me tight against his chest he bent over and turned the faucet on before setting me on my feet beside the tub.

His hands skimmed the hem of my dress. His fingers caressed my thighs as he slide it up them, causing goosebumps to raise up in their wake. His hands brought the dress up, exposing my ass which he gently gripped before continuing my dresses ascent up my waist and then finally over my head. He tossed it beside the tub and took my naked body in with lustful eyes.

"So so beautiful," he said as his eyes wandered over me at a painfully slow rate. He licked his lips in satisfaction.

"In the tub with you," he said picking me up and placing me in the shallow water. "I'll be back in a bit. Go rest in bed after this," he told me and left the room.

I let the water fall on me, attempting to warm my stuff cold vessel of a body.

Gone was the bright girl, the girl who fought for what was right, the determine girl who didn't give up. She had been replaced with a docile lifeless doll.

I stayed in the tub until my fingers pruned and turning ghastly white.

I pulled the tub stopper and stood, the air around causing the hair on my body to stand at attention with it's cold embrace.

I wrapped the towel around me and made my way to the bedroom.

On the bed sat a black silk and lace nightgown and nothing else.

With a sign, I put it on and slipped beneath the covers.

As my head hit the pillow, my eyelids had already closed sending me into the only escape from this place that I would ever find... my dreams.

Two Hours Later

I felt the slight shake of my shoulder, causing my eyes to flutter open and meet Liam's green eyes, hints of darker hues speckled within their emerald orbs. He sat in the edge of the bed beside me, staring down at me.

"Let's go over the rules again, shall we," he asked, the dark specks seeming to grow a bit dark, spreading out to the rest of his eyes like an oil spill.

"Some of these I told you when you arrived, but it seems you have forgotten. Rule number one is do what I ask without question. Rule number two you must remain in the home at all times. Rule number three keep the home clean and keep yourself looking respectable and like my perfect doll at all times.  Rule number four don't be tardy when I request you. It doesn't matter what the request is or what else is going on, if I tell you to be at dinner, be in bed, shower, anything at a certain time you do it. Rule number five do not talk back to me under any circumstance. I am the man of the house and that is to be respected. Understood?"