Chapter 23: After The Storm

I woke up the next morning feeling empty, a hollowed out shell of a being, as if every inch of me had been drained and was now devoid of emotion

I felt like the night prior had taken nearly all of my fight, nearly all of my soul. He had taken it and claimed it as his, carrying it off with him when he left me alone and bound to the table for hours. I was now broken and ready to be rebuilt into the doll he had always wanted me to be. A perfect little doll for his perfect dollhouse.

The dark shades were still drawn in the room when I awoke. The light rise and fall of Liam's chest against my back and breath on my neck let me know he was still asleep beside me. His grip on me had not loosened once throughout the night. His arm still was strewn across my stomach. Now, as morning came, his erection sat nestled in between my ass cheeks, making me fearful of what this morning would bring.

It had been hard for me to sleep. Each time I closed my eyes, the horror from the day before plagued my dreams. The torture I had endured seemed to happen again and again in a continuous loop each time my eyes finally would submit to exhaustion.

I let my eyes stare at the golden strip of light on the wood floor, showing morning had finally arrived from behind the shades darkness. I used to think that morning created a fresh start, the night before being in the past and forgotten to allow for a new day, but I don't think I ever would be able to forget what Liam had done to me.

Finally, he stirred behind me. His body shifted slightly against my own. His arm pulled slightly away from me. His fingers trailed across my ribs and the skin of my belly before resting right above my navel.

"Good morning," he murmured into my hair at the base of my skull, sending kisses along it and onto the skin of my neck and near my collarbone. "Sleep well."

"Yes," I lied, my chest feeling tight and constricted.

"Good," he said sweetly as he nuzzled my neck. "But don't forget you are in trouble still," his tone changing suddenly as he nipped at my neck.

I froze, feeling ice in my veins at his words. I wished I could melt into the mattress and disappear.

He unraveled himself from me and stood up.

He was still naked and hard. I held in my breath as I watched him gather clothes from the wardrobe and dress himself. Only when he was fully clothed, did I release the breath that was suffocating my lungs, depriving it of the fresh oxygen it needed.

"I have work to do. You will stay in here. You will go bath yourself. Hannah will drop you off breakfast and you will eat it, all of it. Am I understood."

I meekly nodded.

"Words Evelyn," he replied, his tone firm, his eyes cold.

"Yes Liam," I responded clutching the comforter to my chest.

"Good girl," he said kneeling down to my eye level, so that we were face to face.

"If you don't listen and follow my directions, I will hurt you, do you understand," he asked.

I nodded again, but once I saw the darkness begin to seep back into his eyes once more I added, "Yes Liam."

"Kiss me goodbye," he ordered.

I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his softly. His hand imbedded in the hair on the back of my head and pulled me closer, deepening the kiss. His tongue slipping in slightly through parted lips and lingering against mine.

Finally he pulled away, and stood up. "I will come check on you at lunch and bring you a book to read if you're good, but Evie if you are bad..."

"I won't be bad, I promise," I replied hastily, nearly believing my own desperate words.

"Good," he replied. "Until then," he said and walked toward the door and left, the click of the lock reverberating in my ears after he did.

My stomach ached, whether it was from stress, lack of eating, or the events from the day before I felt sick. As soon as the lock clicked into place I raced into the bathroom and threw up nothing but sour bile from the bottom most pits of my stomach into the toilet.

After a few unsure minutes I pulled myself up onto my knees and wiped my sweaty hair from my face. I felt somewhat better now.

I stood and went into the shower like I had been told to do. I stayed in there for who knows how long. I stood beneath the the faucet letting the water shower over me endlessly, wishing it would erase the feel of him against me, inside me, but it did little to dull the mental pain of it all.

Finally, I got out and wrapped myself in a towel, and wandered back into the bedroom. A black wrap dress sat on the bed with a pair of black flats. There was no bra, no underwear, no socks even to cover me fully. A single rose lay next it it with a simple note that said Be good.

I took the note and crumpled it between my fingers before taking my anger out on it. I unfolded it and ripped it to shreds as tears ran down my cheeks. I hadn't realized that I had even started crying until shreds of paper lay scattered on top of the freshly made bed. I assumed one of his "dolls" had slipped in unannounced and tidied up while I had showered.

I sighed, and ultimately dressed myself in the outfit he had chosen for me. It felt discomfort with the fact that he had not provided me underwear at least, but there was nothing I could do to fix that at this point in time.

My stomach growled and I looked around the room to see if Hannah had dropped off food. I had barely noticed the tray of pancakes, eggs, and bacon that sat on the night stand beside me when I came out of the bathroom. Although, I soon remembered  his words and I brought the tray onto the bed with me and began to eat.

It was all delicious, but I had no appetite. My stomach was still in knots from earlier and the more I ate the more of an uncomfortable fullness befell me. I thought I would lose my breakfast if I ate anymore, the nauseous feeling returning like wildfire, the sweat returning to my brow.

Anxiety filled my core as the nauseousness became too much to handle. I raced back into the bathroom and threw up all the breakfast I had just consumed.

After I was done, I leaned against the cool tiled wall.

I couldn't pinpoint why I was feeling the way I was. Sure there was an avalanche of reasons as of late for me to feel this way, but one fear kept creeping into my mind that I just couldn't shake. Was I pregnant?

Cliffhanger!

What do you think? Do you think Evie is pregnant? What do you think she will do if she is? What do you think Liam will do if she is?

Is escape in her future? Or will she remain a doll in his house for good?

Remember to vote, comment, and share!!