Chapter 15: His Rules

Dedicated to nicosprincess123 for being such a great supporter!!

I spent a good chunk of time trying to free my ankle, but it was pointless. It only ended up causing the skin of my ankle to turn red and rub my skin raw. After a while I gave up and stared up at the ceiling.

How had I got here? How would I escape. I lay there pondering things for hours until I eventually fell asleep. I awoke to the door opening, setting my whole body on edge.

I pulled myself so that my back was against the headboard as Liam walked into the room, shutting the door behind him.

He walked around the bed and grabbed my sore ankle. "Good girls get to come out of their rooms." He told me as he unlocked the shackle  from my leg.

I felt frozen for a moment as the shackle slid from my ankle and onto the bed. After the shock passed over me I reached down to rub the sore chapped skin of my ankle. In some spots the skin had been rubbed so raw that they had started to bleed slightly.

"We can put some medication on that, it'll heal in no time," he told me as he walked over to the bathroom attached to them bedroom. My eyes followed him closely as he did. "Stay there, okay," he told me with a smile.

My first instinct was to run, but I didn't know the house or where we were and I would definitely be caught and restrained again. Plus who knows if the door locked behind him or not. It was not worth it I decided. I would learn the house before I tried to escape. I would find the best exit and best time to escape. I could do this, but it would take time. 

Liam walked back into the room with a smile. His smile widened as he realized I had not moved from the bed. He came and sat down beside my foot and placed cream, gauze, and bandages down. He grabbed my foot and placed it in his lap. I tried to keep my mannerisms as calm and normal as possible, but inside I was burning at his touch. He opened the ointment and gently began rubbing it onto my wound.

I hissed slightly in pain. "Sorry doll, it will sting just a little bit. I should've warned you. All done now though," he said placing the ointment down and wrapping the gauze and bandage around my ankle.

When he finished he gathered the things and took them back to the restroom. I sat and waited, which I could see clearly pleased him as he walked back into the room.

He came around to the side of the bed I sat on and held out his hand to me. "Come on let's go," he said and pulled me out of the bed.

My ankle stung slightly as it connected with the floor, but I quickly found my balance and pulled my hand away from him gently to not cause another fight.

He walked towards the  bedroom door and opened it  I followed behind closely worried that he may change his mind at any time and lock me back up. I was already in shock that he had let me out this soon.

As I stepped out over the threshold of the room I took in my surroundings. I was at the end of a hallway. Dark wooden floors that matched the bedroom were present, along with a narrow elegant rug that stretched down the hallway. Green wallpaper sat above a dark wooden chair rail. Here and there were vintage scones that spilled golden light into the hallway. Closed dark wooden doors sat on either side of the hallway as we walked down it towards a staircase.

"Would you like help down the stairs," he asked holding out his hand to me.

"No, I'm okay," I said flashing a smile, hoping it would appease him. It did and he began his descent. I gripped the elegant carved  railing and hobbled down. My ankle hurt worse than I had thought. Each step made my skin feel like it was ablaze.

A front door with stained glass window sat in front me. I barely got a chance to look at the many locks on it before Liam stopped at the bottom to wait for me. There he grabbed me by the waist and led me into the sitting room beside the staircase.  A fire roared in the fireplace.He let me go in front of a chair and motioned for me to sit down. He sat down in the one across from me.

"Liam, why am I here," I asked as he stared into the fire place, the flames dancing across his face and chiseled jaw.

"Because I love you," he said with sincerity as he turner to look at me.

"Liam, we weren't even dating for over a month," I responded trying to keep my emotions at bay. "I'm fairly certain that you beat Jackson and then came after me because I went to see him. "

"You should not have allowed him back onto your life after your relationship ended. What kind of taken woman does that? Disgusting," he said shaking his head and grabbing a tumbler filled with dark liquor in front of him and downing it in one gulp.

"That does not justify what you did," I said through gritted teeth.

I saw anger begin to dance in his eyes before they called and he replied, "The past doesn't matter Evie, only now. I don't want to hear you bring it up again. If you do, there are consequences.  There are some rules we need to go over, now that you are home."

"Home," I questioned.

"Yes, this is your home now Evie and as the owner of this home I have a few rules you must follow."

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, unsure of what to say or what to do.

"Rule number one is do what I ask without question. I know this rule may be hard for you, but over time it will her much easier you'll see. Rule number two you must remain in the home at all times. For now, you will remain in your room until I can trust you, but eventually I will let you roam our home freely. Rule number three keep the home clean and keep yourself looking respectable and like my perfect doll at all times. I have bought you all that you need to do this and placed it in your room."

"Are you insane," I lashed out, not wanting to hear another despicable rule. I couldn't take anymore.  I know I had told myself I would play nice, but I just couldn't. My fingertips gripped the arms of the chair tightly as anger filled every part of me.

He placed the tumbler down firmly on the side table and looked up at me with anger in his eyes. "Evie, know your place. Your place is with me in this home, obeying me. Question me again and we will have a problem. "

Panic, fear, anger, anxiety all swirled around me as I stood up. The pain in my ankle spreading up my leg.

Liam stood up to and moved at almost inhuman speed and grabbed me by the neck. He yanked me like I weighed nothing to the bookshelves that lined either side of the fireplace and roughly pressing my body against it. A shelf dug into the back of my neck and had to stand on my tip toes just to touch the ground.

My breath stayed trapped in my throat as he squeezed tighter and tighter.

"How dare you," he spat. "I've brought you into my beautiful home to be one of my beautiful dolls and you treat me like this," and slams my head against a shelf. Pain erupts in the location that made impact. I love you and the sooner you realize that you love me the better it'll be for you," he said releasing his grip and stroking my cheek. My feet fell heavy to the floor. If the bookshelf wasn't behind me to hold me up I would've fallen to the floor. "I missed you so much," he said as his lips nearing mine, instantly changing from the creature filled with rage a moment ago to one of love and compassion. He placed his lips on mine, but mine sat still beneath his. My neck was on fire from his attack. Fear flooded into every portion of my body. The man I had first met in the park was long gone and I had no idea who the man was that replaced him.

He shook his head and sighed. He looked at me once more with those dark angry eyes, "When I kiss you, you kiss me back," he demanded our lips still touching and pushed in once more to kiss me. I meekly kissed him back and that seemed to satisfy him for the time being.

He pulled away and stroked my cheek gently, before grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room. "Come, we made dinner for you."

"We?" I asked in confusion as he pull me into the dinning room.

What do you think of this chapter? What about Liam's rules? Do you think Evie will ever escape? Who do you think is we?!

Thank you all for reading, voting and commenting on this book! Your support means everything!

Please remember to vote, comment, and share!