Chapter 2: First Date

Evelyn

Liam

Next date, how about dinner instead of coffee?

Evelyn

Next date? Today, was a date?

Liam

I consider anytime I go out with a beautiful woman like yourself a date, but apparently I need to step up my date game. How about a redo first date, dinner tomorrow night? Around 7?

My smile spread across my face and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Let me guess," Ana announced and then said, "Liam," while batting her eyes at me.

"Hush," I told her and contemplated my reply.

Evelyn

Sounds good to me. Where should I meet you?

Liam

Well, if you're okay with it, I'd like to pick you up.

I set my phone down in my lap, feeling unsure. We'd only had a brief conversation today over coffee. We discussed our careers mainly. He let me know that he worked as a plastic surgeon over a Green Valley medical center and mainly did facial reconstruction, which impressed me immediately given how old he appeared. I let him know that I had just started as a law clerk at the law offices of Ewan Millard. It didn't pay much, but it gave me the critical experience I needed to help continue my college career in law. Liam and I only spoke for ten minutes before his phone began to buzz. Before he left to head back to the office to meet a patient for an appointment he asked for my number and I gave it willingly. When I got home that night I anxiously had waited for this moment to happen where he would text me and ask me out, but still I was hesitant to give a stranger, albeit a gorgeous stranger, the address to my home.

"Do it," Ana said shoving popcorn in her mouth, eyes not even directed at me. "I see you over there twiddling your thumbs in anxiousness. Just tell him yes you'll go out with him already so we can watch this movie!"

I looked at my friend and without another thought typed my address and clicked send.

The Next Night

I smoothed my hands over the fabric of the  skin navy blue  tight dress Ana let me borrow. It hugged every curve and really accentuated my curves hips, round behind, and ample breasts.

"I'm not sure about this," I called out to her as I looked at my breasts spilling out over the sweet heart neckline. "Do you have anything less revealing?"

"Oh stop it Evie. You look sexy. You're wearing that, end of discussion," she said coming out of the bathroom with her makeup bag. "Sit down, let me finish your makeup. He'll be here any second! We would've been done by now if you would have spent an hour trying on every outfit we own!"

I rolled my eyes at her as she began to apply the makeup to my face. Only seconds after she finished did we hear a knock at the door. Her eyes and mine met and both widened with surprise and excitement.

"I'll get it," she said through a big toothy smile. "Put these on," she said and handed me a pair of matching heels.

"Coming," Ana yelled as she headed to the door.

I hurriedly stepped into the shoes and gave myself a once over in the mirror. Ana was right, I did look sexy and though I had the body for it, sexy was not something that I normally did and strived to achieve.

I heard their voices in light conversation   in the other room. I took a deep breath and walked out the door.

"I've lived here now for about," Liam was saying and stopped mid-sentence as I my heels tapped loudly on the wooden floors, announcing my arrival. "Wow," he said forgetting to finish his previous sentence. His eyes seemed to stare at every inch of me. "You look beautiful," he said smiling and walked past Ana and to me. "I brought you these," he said handing me a bouquet of white roses.