Chapter 14: Taken

Dedicated to Shannara2 for being an amazing follower of this story. I appreciate all your votes and comments. You are the best!

Evelyn

My head hurt before I even opened my eyes. I felt like I hadn't slept a wink. My brain seemed foggy as I opened my eyes and adjusted to the room around me and once they did panic erupted like a storm inside me.

I was not in my room. I was not in my bed. I had no idea where I was.

I sat up in the bed and felt a strain on my ankle as I tried to pull myself up on the bed. I ripped the white comforter from my body. My eyes widened and I felt my stomach churn, as I became aware of the thick metal clamp wrapped around my ankle. It was attached to a thick chain that was attached to wrought iron rod on the footboard.

Only seconds after I made my discovery, the door clicked open and my eyes darted to it.  My mouth nearly fell to the floor and he walked in.

Liam walked in with a bed tray in hand, that contained a bowl of soup and a glass of water beside it. A narrow glass vase held a single red rose inside.

"Liam what the fuck is this," I yelled grabbing the chain, shaking it and causing the metal to ring against one another as they made contact. He placed the tray on a cabinet beside the door before taking a deep breath in. He locked the door and turned back to me, hands in his pockets, as he replied, "You know I don't like that kind of language Evie."

"Liam," I responded anger flowing from my mouth as I uttered his name, "Where am I?  Why am I chained to bed," I shouted at him.

"If you don't calm down Evie," he began and sat down at the edge of bed facing me. "Then, I will have to put you back to sleep," he said laying his hand on my leg.

I jerked away from his touch. Anger invading every inch of me. I took a deep breath to calm down. I knew being aggressive did not work in the past with him. I knew his calm facade would dwindle away with every jab I delivered. It would lead me closer to danger and was in too compromising of a position. It would only lead to me getting hurt badly, probably worse than the last time.

"Liam," I said as sweetly as I could muster, "Could you please explain what is going on, please?" Hoping that the extra please would help me get to know what I wanted to know.

"I must have doused you with a little too much propofol," he said scooting you the bed closer to me. "I'm so sorry my dear. I didn't intend for you to be out this long ," he said stroking my cheek. I tried not to shudder under his touch as I turned away reflexively. "I just wanted to make sure that you were asleep when I brought you home."

"Home," I replied with curiosity. "Are we at your apartment," I asked starting to feel hope rise from within me. If we were there, I could escape.

"No sweetheart," he said continuing to stroke my face and staring at me with loving eyes. "My home, my childhood home. I inherited it when my parents passed and now it is not only my home, but ours," he said beginning to lean in to kiss me.

"Get off me ," I yelled pushing him away from me. I saw the flash of rage cross across his jade green eyes before they turned calm once more .

He looked down for a moment. "This time is going to be much different Evie. We are going to start over, start fresh. I love you, I could not stand being without you."

I looked at him open mouthed and bewildered. "How do you think that could even be possible after what you did," I said my eyes flashing back to a month earlier where he beat me so bad he put me in the hospital.

"I am sorry for what happened, but you shouldn't have pushed me Evie.  It was the wrong thing to do," he said looking at me as if he truly believed his insane words.

"Are you fucking crazy," I said unable to remain calm any longer.

"Evie," he growled. He hated when I cursed.

"Unchain me now," I demanded.

He got up off the bed and walked around to the other side of me and pulled a needle and vial from his pocket.

I backed up all the way into the headboard away from him.

"I was hoping it wouldn't come to this," he said inserting the needle into the vial that he had turned upside down.

"Please, please Liam don"t," I begged. "I'm sorry. I promise I'll stop."

He looked down at me with a smirk and knelt down to be at the level of my face. "I really want to believe that Evie, I really do. I'll give you one more chance, okay," he said placing his hand on the side of my face. He then shifted his hand so that It firmly gripped my chin, causing the slightest bit of pain. "You'll be a good girl?"

All I could do was nod. I couldn't  muster a lie in this moment that he would believe. My words, my tone of voice, my facial expression would only deceive me.

"Good," he said moving his hand behind my head and pulling it to his face. He gently kissed the top of my forehead. I felt my breath stop as he did and not release until he stood back up and put it back in his pocket. "I brought you some soup, your favorite creamy tomato basil," he said with a smile. "

There is a bathroom here," he said moving from my side of the bed to the opposite side and opened a door. He flipped on the light and said,. "Your chain is long enough to stretch around this room and to the bathroom, which is why I chose this room. If you behave you will be unchained soon and free to roam the house as long as I am home. If I start to trust you more you can even roam around when I am not home too. Understand?"

All I could do again was nod. Every part of me was wanting to rip his head off and curse him out for the psycho he was, but I listened carefully to his words, when he was home which meant when he wasn't home I could try to escape.

"Good girl," he replied and flashed me one of his charming smiles that had first drawn me in. "I have some work to do, as you know work is never ending. I will be back in a while to check on you," and with that he left. I heard the door lock behind him as he left.

I flipped over and screamed into my pillow, unable to hold in the way I felt any longer.

I wrote this chapter forever ago, probably before I had the first three chapters written! We are definitely getting to the most intense portion of the story now. The next chapters are going to be very intense, so you have been warned!

Please remember to vote, share, and comment!

I love your support!