eighteen

The pair eventually fell asleep, and only awoke when Hermione knocked on the door, signaling dinner to be ready. Fred, as per usual, slept through Hermione knocking on the door, so he's just as oblivious to her knowing as he was the first time she saw them, and a part of Aurora was thankful for that. She wasn't ashamed of people knowing of her and Fred, but she didn't want to tell the entire family, only to split up two weeks later.

She wanted to make sure she knew what she was doing, he knew what he was doing, and they were nothing similar to a summer fling.

She sat up on the edge of the bed and started to get up, but the soreness in her legs made her sit back down. As strenuous as the gardening and cleaning was, Fred surpassed, and she was left with the pain. She felt him shuffle beside her, and turned around just as he was waking from his nap, a big toothy grin on his face.

"My favorite thing to wake up to." He said in a raspy voice that gave Aurora butterflies. Her bare back was facing him, and she felt a shiver at the lack of heat from Fred's chest.

"Dinner should be ready," She said, grabbing the hem of the sheet and pulling it over her shoulders, "We should join the others." She finished, attempting to stand up once more, but the pain in her lower half causes her to sit back down with a groan.

Fred sits up behind her and turns her so she's facing him, his eyes studying her face with worry. She can't help but grin at his concerned state, and he furrows his brows in confusion.

"Just cast the counter-jinx and let's get ready." She chuckled out, and he couldn't help but laugh. He reached over her lap to grab his wand from the bedside table, waving it towards her legs, and watching as the orange light bursts out.

Aurora doesn't feel the pain subdue much, but when she tries to stand a second time, she was much more stable. She dropped the sheet and walked to her wardrobe, pulling on some sweats and a large pullover, before turning back around to look at the red haired boy in her bed. He had a sly grin on his face as he bent down to grab his trousers, and he slid them up his legs with ease.

"I see I have quite the effect on you, darling." He gloats, running a hand through his hair. The lighting in the room was very dim, since the sun was deep in the horizon, and the deep orange ambiance made him look heaven sent. His words brought a flush of red to her cheeks, and she looked towards the floor in an attempt to hide the big smile on her face.

Fred stands up and walks over to her, slipping his shirt on in the process. He tilts her chin up with his finger and thumb, and kisses her softly, making her go on up on her toes to be closer to him. When he pulls away, Aurora keeps her eyes closed for a moment, her hands still gripping his shirt.

"Thank you." She said at a whisper, opening her eyes and seeing him look at her with pure happiness. She was glad she got to go through that with him; she had dreamed about it on multiple occasions for years, by now. He made her feel something that none of her past relationships had made her feel before.

"Anytime, sweetheart," He replied, bending down and brushing the hair away from her neck, "I mean that literally." He whispered into her ear, making her laugh and push his shoulder.

He shrugs his shoulders while laughing and walks to the door, opening it and turning back at Aurora as he waits for her to follow. She comes to his side, and they walk down the stairs together, slower than normal for Aurora's sake, where they join the others in the kitchen.

Dinner passed over relatively smoothly, with the occasional argument between the Weasley brothers, Ginny pushing Hermione's buttons by tossing corn at her, and Harry just trying to steal food from Aurora's plate. Though only a few were blood related, they all squabbled like they came out of the same womb.