thirty one

The days went on, and it was finally the end of the week; George, Fred, and Aurora would be moving out today.

Arthur helped the three load up the car with their belongings, Fred making multiple trips to the apartment and back to drop things off. Angelina had came to assist with the move, the extra set of hands proving to be useful when setting up the new place.

Aurora was bringing down the last of her clothing to the den when she met Molly at the bottom of the stairs, who gave her a pitiful smile. Aurora sat her box of folded shirts down on the couch, before pulling her into a tight hug, and she hears Molly let out a loud sigh. Pulling away, she squeezes Aurora's shoulders gently, giving her a small smile.

"Today's the day, huh." She says quietly, and Aurora nods, letting out a breath of her own.

"Today's the day." She repeated, and Molly's lip quivers a bit, but she sniffs loudly, composing herself.

"I promised Arthur I wouldn't cry." She joked, and Aurora couldn't help but laugh. The two of them still acted like high school sweethearts, and Aurora loved it.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him." Aurora whispered, winking at her, and Molly laughed as a tear slipped from her eyes.

"Don't get me going, Aurora, I won't be able to stop myself," She laughs, picking up the box Aurora had just sat down, "I'll finish loading this into the car for you, while you can check for anything you may have missed." She said with a sniffle, and Aurora nodded at her, rubbing her shoulder soothingly before heading up the stairs to her room.

Her eyes scanned over the seemingly empty room, even though her furniture remained in place. She had already emptied out all of her clothing and things she wanted to transport over to the new place. Her eyes landed on her nightstand, and a realization hit her, as she walked over and opened the drawer to see the polaroids of her and Fred.

She felt her cheeks heat up as she saw the mature photos and hastily grabbed the stack, hiding them neatly in her back pocket. Clearing her throat, she looked around for anything else, before leaving the room, shutting it off behind her.

She left the house to meet with everyone else in the front yard. Fred was seated in the drivers' seat of the car, and Arthur was ordering around Harry and Ron to find the best way to pack the trunk. Angelina and George handled the fragile triple W items in the backseat, and Molly watched from a distance, trying not to get in the way.

Aurora got into the passenger seat, planning on traveling to the new apartment so she can begin to put things together, and Fred shot her an award winning smile, his hand placed on her knee. Her door remained open so she could hear conversation from outside, and Ron and Arthur's bickering made her chuckle.

"Ronald, you need to think, boy, the longer one needs to go on the bottom." Says Arthur, and Ron scoffs.

"Yeah, Ronald, think." Repeats Harry, and a smack is heard, followed by Harry groaning.

"Piss off." Ron groans, before shuffling the boxes around in the trunk.

Once they finish loading the last of the boxes into the backseat and trunk, Angelina and George go back inside to travel by floo powder, and Aurora and Fred opt to take the car. Molly leans in Aurora's window, and Arthur leans into Fred's, looking at the two of them with sincerity.

"You drive safe now!" Warns Molly, pointing a finger at Fred, who puts his arms up in defense.

"We'll see you both later." Says Arthur, patting Fred on the shoulder and giving Aurora curt nod, and they both smile at him.

Fred starts the car, and Aurora waves at the four still at the burrow as he takes off, the car jolting into the air. Aurora looked out her window as the trees grew smaller beneath them, before turning to look over at Fred.