fourty eight

The rest of their morning consisted of the rebuilding of not only their relationship, but their individual selves, as well.

After the incident, it was evident that it took a toll on the mental state of them both. Aurora had gotten to the kitchen to make them a meal, and Fred readied the television in the den, allowing the two of them to eat while relaxing.

It was calming, the feeling of Aurora pressed against Fred's side, his arm lazily slung over the back of the couch. They didn't speak about what happened in too much detail, but it was calming to know that they can move on with their lives together, not as if nothing happened, but as if it was easy.

It wasn't the same as it was before, but to Aurora, that was a good thing. She made the mistake before of masking and isolation, and this time, her heart was out in the open.

She believed that Fred would be his usual loving, yet amusing self, and she would reciprocate as best as she could, which was pretty damn close. Once she opened up to him, he understood, and she was glad for that.

Being able to be honest and upfront had already had remarkable results on her feelings. Whilst she struggled alone during the month she had lied to him, she felt herself growing distant from him, almost as if she was losing feelings. Being able to remain together, knowing he loved her, and him knowing that she wasn't quite there, it gave her a positive look on their shared future.

Having the knowledge that Fred is nothing like Oliver Wood helped her remain calm whenever he mentioned his love for her. She knew that he would never hurt her the way that Oliver had, and that thought was comforting.

The movie dragged on, and Aurora couldn't be any less intrigued with it than she was, but being in the presence of Fred made it worthwhile. Little did she know, he felt the same; he could barely focus on the movie with the feeling of her small hand laid flat against his torso, with her thumb stroking his skin.

There was no shared conversation between the two, and their eyes stayed focused on the screen in front of them. Aurora listened to his heartbeat in his chest, and he felt her chest rise and fall with every soft breath.

By the time the credits rolled across the screen, the two of them were itching for each other. Not necessarily in a sexual way, but neither of them would complain if they became intimate.

Fred's original plan was to accept Aurora back into their home, listen to her side of the story, explain his feelings, forgive each other, and move slowly, but he couldn't help himself. He wanted her, and she felt the same.

"Great movie, huh." Said Aurora quietly, and Fred raised his eyebrows, humming in response.

"I enjoyed the part when they...talked." He replied, and Aurora took her bottom lip between her teeth. Both of their gazes were fixated on the television screen in front of them, their bodies frozen in place.

"I agree, it was some dialect." She replied, slowly turning to look at him. His head turned towards hers, and the two of them shared a moment of intense eye contact, before Fred sighed deeply.

There was still tension between them, but that was to be expected. Three months ago, they would have been tearing each other's clothes off, but now they haven't even kissed in weeks. She understood there were differences, and though most were good, there was always some bad mixed in.

Fred turned his body towards Aurora, and she followed his motions, so the two of them were sitting cross-legged on the couch, staring deeply into each other's eyes. Aurora studied his facial features for any obvious tells, but for once, he was unreadable to her.

His hand gently made it's way to her knee, before slowly dragging up her leg, caressing it as he went. Aurora's heart pounded in her chest, and her eyes stayed fixated on his hand, which made it's way up her body. He maneuvered around her chest and went to her side instead, careful not to touch any intimate areas. Once his hand reached her cheek, and his thumb stroked her skin, Aurora's mouth hung open slightly, and her pace was fast.