thirty

Fred pulled Aurora into his arms, the both of them bursting into a fit of giggles as he did so. The foggy mirror had already cleared since they stayed in the bath for so long, so Fred wrapped his arms around her waist, looking at the two of them in the mirror. Aurora studied his features, the way he looked at her, the way his thumbs stroked her towel, and the way his mouth was turned up in a smile; he was beautiful to her.

He disconnected their bodies and crouched down, digging for something in a bathroom cabinet. He stood back up with a small little container filled with green stuff, and he unscrewed the lid to release the smell of cucumbers.

"This is Ginny's, but seeing that she can't stop me, I'm sure she won't mind." He says, brushing Aurora's hair out from her face.

Aurora chuckles as he dips his fingers in, smearing the content on his face, carefully avoiding his eyes. Aurora scoops some out to put on her own face, carefully going around the edges of her face before covering her cheeks. She glanced over at Fred, who managed to cover his eyebrows, while also getting it all in his hair.

"Bloody hell, Fred, do you need assistance?" She says, laughing at the red haired boy beside her. He frowns at himself in the mirror, and his eyes shift over to Aurora's flawlessly coated face, making him scoff.

"I'm doing just fine on my own, thank you." He says, thickening the layers on his cheeks. Aurora waits for him to finish before using her finger to wipe away the unnecessary mask on his face, putting it back in the small container and putting it away.

Fred looks at the two of them, the green mask making them look quite humorous. He wrapped a loose arm around her waist, resting his hand on her hip, and she leaned into his side absentmindedly. Fred suddenly widens his eyes and releases her, turning her to face him with a goofy grin on his face.

"I almost forgot something!" He exclaims, before running out of the bathroom into the dark hallway, leaving Aurora confused. She tightened her towel around her chest while she waited for him return, and he bursts back in with a polaroid camera in his hand, presumably one that Arthur got from his work, since he fancies the muggle world and all it's devices.

"Smile, darling." He says, holding the camera up to his eyes. Aurora furrows her brows at him, but ends up laughing at his adorable expression behind the camera, and Fred takes the opportunity to snap a candid. The photo comes out, and he sets it on the counter to develop, looking at it with a smile on his face.

"Your turn." Aurora says, taking the camera from his hands and holding it to her eye, peaking through the small hole. Fred places a hand on the back of his head and gives Aurora a big smile, making him look both cute and hot. She takes his picture, and sets the polaroid next to her own, which was slowly developing.

He takes the camera from Aurora's hands and pulls her close to his side, sticking the camera as far away from them as possible. Fred tickles her side to make her laugh, and he laughs along with her, snapping the picture at just the right moment, capturing both of them at their happiest.

The two mess around with the camera until their face mask is ready to be taken off, creating a collection of polaroids for them to keep. Aurora helps Fred remove his mask before taking off his own, and Fred gives Aurora a mischievous glance, picking the camera back up.

"Drop the towel." He says, and Aurora's eyes widen, her face heating up tremendously. He raises an eyebrow at her, looking down at her chest, before making eye contact, a smirk evident on his face.

Aurora bites her lip before slowly undoing her tightened towel, letting it drop to the floor. Fred's eyes scan over her body before slowly lifting the camera, his tongue swiping over his teeth.

"Pose for me, beautiful." He says lowly, and Aurora runs her hand through her hair, crossing her legs and pausing. Fred stares at her in awe, taking the moment in, before snapping a picture, the film coming out shortly after.

Without waiting for Fred to ask, Aurora turns around, leaning against the counter and striking another pose. Fred let's out a satisfied hum as he takes another picture, setting the explicit film next to the other, separate from the rest.

Aurora walks over to him and wraps her arms around his waist, looking over the pictures they took. She picked up a few of him smiling and smiled to herself, loving his happy, goofy, toothy grin. He gathered up all the pictures before picking up Aurora's towel, wrapping it around her shoulders and pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you for tonight, Freddie." She says happily, looking up at him. He smiles at her before kissing her forehead, breaking apart to pick up the camera and pictures.

"Anytime, Aurora," He responds, walking to open the bathroom door, "I'm so proud of everything you've accomplished, and you deserved to be pampered for it." He said, grabbing her hand and walking the two of them into the dark hallway and up the stairs to her bedroom, luckily with no interactions with the Weasley parents this time.

Fred threw on some clothes he had moved to Aurora's bedroom, and Aurora picked up one of his shirts to wear, loving the way it fell to her mid thigh. After carefully storing the photos in her drawer, he climbed into her bed and held out his arms, motioning for her to come cuddle with him. She obliged, crawling into bed and snuggling into his chest, the familiar sound of his heartbeat and his comforting scent soothing her.

He pulls her close to him, laying his head on the top of hers, the sweet smell of her freshly washed hair filling his nose. Fred reaches for his wand without moving Aurora to turn the lights off, tossing it to the nightstand and letting his eyes fall shut.

"How was your day, pretty girl?" He asks her quietly, and she hums in response, thinking to herself.

"I had a really good day today. Not only did the letter really top things off, but you made it perfect in every way possible. You made me really happy today, Fred, and I'm really grateful that I have someone like you to put me at my best. I'm hoping tomorrow will be just as good," She says, letting her own eyes fall shut, "How was your day, sweetheart?" She asks back, and he breathes in, going over the events of his own day, which were similar to Aurora's.

"I had a wonderful day. Seeing you in such high spirits makes it easy for me to be happy, and doing the best I can to make you happy brings me joy. I'm glad I got to spend time with you, I'm glad you got your letter, and I'm excited to see what not just tomorrow holds, but also the future of your career." He says, and Aurora lets out a quiet hum of approval.

"I like the good days." She says at just above a whisper, her tiredness slowly engulfing her.

"Me too, darling, me too." He responds, a yawn slipping from his mouth.

They fell into a moment of silence, and Fred thought Aurora had fallen asleep for a moment, since she had always been such a quiet sleeper, but her finger traced little circles on his arm, letting him know she was still up.

"Goodnight, Freddie." She whispered, her finger no longer tracing circles. He placed a kiss on her forehead, stroking her arm with his thumb.

"Goodnight, Aura, sleep well." He replies, letting out a breath of air, ready for sleep to take him.

And it did just that. The two fell asleep soon after their goodnights, Fred's soft snores filling the room, alongside the positive vibes from the happy day they both had.