fifty

Days between Aurora and Fred went on just as that first day they reunited had.

The both of them had returned to work, since the absence of George and Angelina left the shop busier than usual. They spent their free time with each other, whether it was reading novels or tangled between the sheets.

Aurora could tell that the absence of George was taking a toll on Fred, and it physically pained her knowing that there was nothing she could do at the moment. The holiday's were quickly approaching, and Fred has never spent a single holiday without his twin, and it was upsetting him.

The couple was on the way to his parents' house, planning to meet up before heading to pick up Hermione and Ginny, who decided to return home for the holiday's. His hand was plastered to her upper knee, and the two of them sang familiar songs with no music, their voices being enough.

The two of them shared a car that was rarely used, since apparating and floo powder were far more effective methods of transportation, but since they would be staying at the Weasley household for the holiday's, they thought it would be easier to have a car to carry any gifts they may receive.

Aurora watched as Fred shouted the lyrics at the top of his lungs, the rolled down windows blowing his hair in different directions, and she fell for him. He had a look of pure joy on his face as they drove down the road, and if she had the Polaroid camera on her, she would take a picture. Instead, she let out a happy sigh, adoring his features and singing along with him.

She always loved the way he sang, it was genuine around her. At countless parties, he would always have a great time with his friends, singing to miscellaneous songs, but it was never genuine unless he was around her. With her, he would use his talents, his true capabilities, and she loved how open he was with her.

Unbeknownst to Aurora, Fred felt the exact same way. At all those countless parties, he would always cut glances at Aurora, watching her let loose around her own friends, but he only saw her true self when they were together. All his life, they had been the best of friends, and he had silently loved everything about her for years.

Only now, their feelings were completely out on the table.

When they finally arrived at the burrow, there were other cars already parked around the front, meaning most everyone had arrived. Fred pulled up next to the old flying car, parking it and looking over at Aurora with a goofy grin.

He took her face in his hands and pulled her into a sloppy kiss, making Aurora groan as his saliva went around her mouth. He pulls away and wipes his mouth off, before looking up at his childhood home with stars in his eyes.

As much as they had promised to visit home after they moved out, Fred and Aurora hadn't been able to keep up with that promise very well, and it was obvious that they missed it. He smiled up at the tall house, getting out of the car and running to Aurora's side to open the door for her.

"What a gentleman." She said, and he chuckled a bit, reaching out his hand to help her out. The two walked with their fingers interlocked to the front door, knocking loudly. The sound of the lock clicking made Fred smile, and he whipped out his wand, unlocking it with ease and throwing the door open, where a very happy looking Charlie stood.

The two brothers engulfed into a hug, clapping each other on the back. Charlie spends nearly all of his time away in Romania, and it's always a good time when he returns, especially for the holiday's.

"Aurora McGonagall, do you still have that kiss waiting for me?" He jokes, pulling away from his brother and tapping his cheek with a stupid grin plastered on his face. Aurora laughed at his remark, rolling her eyes and pulling him into a tight hug.