eight

The rest of the day trudged on, the friends mainly lying around, with not much to do.  There were tense feelings between the twins, but Fred eventually let it go since Aurora had already done so.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley are due back in a few days, so there wasn't anything to have prepared for them yet. Hermione and Ginny had gotten together to go over a few notes, mainly Hermione's idea because she wanted to be ready for the year, and Ginny just followed along. Ron and Harry sat with them in the den, eating different sweets and messing with the girls.

Fred and George were working on different joke shop ideas, but when an hour had passed by, George left to go see Angelina again. Fred, finally getting some alone time, snuck to Aurora's bedroom, quietly knocking on the door.

Aurora was seated on the end of her bed, rewriting her definitions of the numerous constellations in the best hand writing she could manage. Any other student would take the class because it was a necessity, but Aurora deeply enjoyed learning about the beyond, so she reviewed her notes when she was bored.

"Aura?" Whispered Fred, quietly opening the door. Aurora shot him a smile and motioned for him to come in. He smiled back and walked up to her bed, looking over her neatly written notes and nicely drawn diagrams.

"Copying the notes again, I see." He chuckles, taking a seat by the headboard and picking up a page she had finished with, looking over the words.

"You know me well, Weasley." She coos, finishing the page she was on and setting everything on her bedside table, taking the page from his hand so she'd have his full attention.

A look of lust moved into Fred's eyes, as he let his eyes travel to her legs, which are revealed in the pair of shorts she had on. Aurora felt her cheeks heat up, and let her own eyes look across his torso.

"Should we talk about this?" She asks quietly, snapping Fred out of his dazed state.

"Talk about what, exactly?" He asks innocently, smiling at the girl. She bit back a smile and rolled her eyes, loving the joking side to him, but wanting a serious conversation.

"We kissed, Fred. What does that mean?" She asks, and the smile nearly leaves his face, but a hint of a smirk remains on his lips.

"We kissed." He repeats, nodding his head slowly.

"We kissed." She says back, making the smirk on his face grow.

"I don't know about you, McGonagall, but it was a bloody good one if you ask me." He says, a cheeky grin coming to his face. He was avoiding her question, and she knew it, so it was up to her to make the first move.

"Fred, I like you." She blurts out, and her cheeks instantly flame up. The cheeky grin stays on Fred's face, and he only raises his eyebrows slightly at her statement.

"Blimey, Aura, I'd sure hope so." He retorts, running a hand through his hair. Aurora furrowed her brows slightly at his response, letting a huff of air out through her nose.

"Bloody hell, you stupid git, I want to-" She begins, but is cut off by his lips connecting with her own. He placed both hands on the sides of her face, and she let herself melt into his grip. The kiss is short, and he leaves his hands on her face when he pulls away.

"I'd sure hope so, because I like you as well. I don't know what this means for the future, but I'd like to let this continue for a bit." He says, while holding eye contact. Aurora's mouth opened slightly, but a smile quickly formed on her lips.

Without thinking, she leaned forward, kissing him back, and kissing him hard. Her hands made their way to his hair, and she tugged lightly on the roots, making him groan. His hands moved from her face to her waist, and they messed with the hem of her jumper.