twenty eight

Quick Note!

I understand Minerva became headmaster, but for the sake of my story, Dumbledore is still alive, well, and the headmaster at Hogwarts. Having it this way would make things easier in the story plans I have laid out for the future! I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion I brought by not specifying.

Also, I described Aurora to fit my appearance, but I will be going back to get rid of any detailed descriptions of her, allowing you all to imagine her as you please! I don't want to be discriminative against any of you, so I'll leave Aurora McGonagall's appearance up to your imagination!

Have a lovely day, and enjoy the rest of the chapter:)

Fred and Aurora's day ended well, and they went on to have three weeks of good days. Fred and George had found an apartment, and the move in plan was set for the end of the week. Aurora and Neville had sent letters back and forth about becoming a professor, and she even sent one out to the headmaster. Hermione and Aurora had stayed in touch so far, and Aurora filled her in on the current situation, which Hermione described as 'absolutely mad'.

Aurora found herself organizing her room, wanting everything to be in place once she left. She wasn't bringing much with her besides clothing and toiletries, since the decor was being bought from scratch, so her room looked as it did before.

Just as she's stacking her favorite books into a box, a knock sounded at her door, and she turned to see Molly standing in the doorway, her eyes scanning the organized furniture. Aurora shot her a soft smile before continuing to straighten up her desk, and she heard Molly come in, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"If only my other children were as tidy as you." She sighed, chuckling to herself. Aurora focused her attention on Mrs. Weasley, and saw her eyes have glossed over. She frowned slightly before walking over and pulling her into a hug, and Molly let the tears leave her eyes. Aurora gives her a tight squeeze before pulling away, her hands resting on Molly's shoulders in a comforting manner.

"I've watched you grow up, Aurora, ever since Minerva let you stay here in your youthful days. I've raised you as one of my own, and I hate to see you go." She says sadly, giving Aurora a sad smile, but her lip quivers.

"Molly, you've always been a mother to me, and a damn good one at that, and I love you to death. I'll visit all the time, you know I can't go without you for too long." Aurora reassures her in the best way she can, but deep inside, the both of them are still saddened at the move happening soon.

"It was hard enough when Bill left, and then Charlie, but now three at once?" She whispers in an exasperated tone, scoffing with a smile to let Aurora know she's still her usual, joking self.

"Good thing it's three worst ones, who've always brought the most trouble." She replies, winking at Mrs. Weasley, who laughs heartily.

"The three who have always kept me on my toes," Molly says happily, sighing to herself, "You always kept me young." She said, and Aurora gives her a happy smile, loving the happy memories that Molly holds near and dear in her heart—the kind of memories one strives to leave behind.

"Molly, I don't believe you'll ever turn a day over thirty, even if we are out of the house," She chuckles, walking to her wardrobe to neatly fold the clothes she won't be wearing until after the move, "If anything, the decreased stress will do wonders on you." She says, and Molly laughs, nodding her head.

"Oh, Aurora, you've always had just the right thing to say." She sighed, returning to her somber tone.

"I did, after all, learn from the best." Aurora responds, giving Molly a reassuring smile.