thirty nine

TW: Abuse

It was quiet, dark, and the only noise was the sound of an enchanted broom sweeping over the old wooden floors.

Aurora stepped out of the fireplace and tried to quiet her sobs as she went to get a room, but she was an absolute mess. She cried from the moment she checked in, she cried as she walked up to her room, she cried as she settled in, and she now cried in the shower.

She expected this, and she deserved this.

She let the hot water burn her skin until it was bright red, but she didn't move. Instead, she just cried.

Aurora was never an overly emotional girl. She was strong, she handled emotions well, and never let them consume her. That was until she became romantically involved with Fred Weasley.

Could she once again be blaming her problems on her boyfriend? Possibly.

Fred caused her to become vulnerable, but not in a bad way, in a way that allowed her to feel safe and accepted. She felt safe and accepted around him, and it allowed her emotions to get the best of her.

So now she sits on the grimy shower floor of a rundown inn, and she deserved that fate. The water had long run cold, but she didn't move. Her whole body shivered at the freezing temperature, but she let the water run over her face, mixing with the tears.

She didn't like feeling so vulnerable, so emotional, but she couldn't help it. She broke the man she could have loved, because she decided to lie instead of just work on herself.

Yes, she lied because he was hurting on the inside, but she made him hurt so much worse, and she hated herself for that. She hurt him to a point where he didn't want to sit and talk it out like they did through all their arguments through their life, instead he pushed her away. He kicked her to the streets, and she deserved it.

She wasn't planning on leaving the confines of the shower, but a roach on the ceiling pulled her from her thoughts, and she hastily shut off the water. She slumped over to the bed and threw on the clothes she was previously wearing, before crawling into the bed.

The creaking was loud with every move, but she did her best to ignore it as she pulled the sheets over her shoulders, staring out the window. The moon was bright, and the stars painted the sky, but for the first time in what felt like forever, she didn't find them beautiful.

She didn't see beauty in something that normally brought her so much happiness, and that seemed to be a common theme for the evening. Aurora didn't know how Fred was doing, but she was sure he didn't find her as appealing as he previously had.

Letting her thoughts travel, she imagined how he probably went to get drunk at a bar, or ripped up their pictures. He was angry, and she didn't know how he acted when he was that angry because she had never seen him so angry.

The look in his eyes as he screamed at her is something she would never forget. The way tears streamed down his cheeks as he called her a bitch was now a permanent scar on her heart. His eyes were filled with rage and sadness at the same time, and it physically pained her to see, even worse knowing that she was the cause.

She was a screw up, and she let her own flaws ruin one of the best things in her life in just an instant. She let her past fears of love ruin something so good, and she would never forgive herself for doing so.

Aurora closed her eyes, stray tears slipping onto the pillowcase as she attempted to go to sleep. She was emotionally drained, and begged to get away from the world for a few hours, and luckily her body was just tired enough to give her the pleasure of doing so.