twenty four

Aurora blinked a few times, looking around the room. Everything seemed completely normal, minus Angelina cleaning up a broken glass. She made eye contact with Fred, and absentmindedly grabbed his hand, feeling strange and wanting to go to him for comfort.

"Goodness, you lot, that was quite a nap." Snorts Angelina, setting the now fixed glass on the coffee table. Ginny furrows her brows at her, seeing the potion stuff on the table in front of her.

"Ginny, babe, you seriously kicked so hard in your sleep that you knocked over a glass!" Angelina continued, laughing to herself. Ginny chuckled with her, looking towards Harry, who looked just as confused.

"I was just in the kitchen getting George some water while you all experimented with potions, and I guess you made a sleeping one that went bad, because I came back and you were all knocked out!" She exclaimed, taking the potion materials and bringing them to the kitchen, returning with a glass of water. She gave it to George, and he graciously accepted, taking slow sips.

"Where's Ron and Hermione?" Asks Harry, scratching his head. He looked as if he was feeling the same as Aurora—confused, strange.

"They went with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley to gather some things for dinner, they should be returning shortly." She chirped, taking a seat in the lounge chair. Looking around the room, she saw her wand laying by Aurora's feet.

"Oh, Aurora, darling, could you please hand me my wand? I don't know how it got over there." She laughed, and Aurora looked towards the floor, seeing that Angelina's wand was actually by her feet. She
picked it up and Angelina skipped over, taking it from her hands with a smile.

"Thank you, dearest." She says, winking at her. Aurora smiled in return, her hand coming to Fred's leg for security. His hand rested on top of hers, his thumb stroking her skin.

"Would anyone care to watch some television while waiting for them to return?" Asks Angelina, and George nods, grabbing the remote.

"I think I'm gonna go study a bit, I'll catch you later." Responds Aurora, getting up from the couch and heading to her room. Fred smiles at Angelina before getting up as well, following Aurora up the stairs.

They get to her room and shut the door, Aurora going to sit on her bed. Fred let's out a sigh, frowning down at the floor. Aurora sees his discomfort and goes to his side, wrapping her arms around his torso. He smiles down at her, holding her small frame in his arms.

"I'm alright, sweetheart, I'm just feeling a little odd." He says, kissing the top of her head.

"I feel strange, too." She says, furrowing her brows. She squeezes him closer to her, inhaling his intoxicating scent. That familiar scent she always smelt in her amortentia.

Fred grasped her hands in his and walked backwards slowly, leading the two of them to her bed. She laid down with him, cuddled up against his side, and the strange feeling seemed to fade. She felt safe with Fred, and he helped her get rid of that strange feeling.

"Would you like your own bedroom, or would you like to share one with me?" He asks, and Aurora looks up at him, a hint of a smile on his face.

"Are you talking about when we move?" She asks, and he nods, a goofy grin coming to his face.

"If it's alright with you, I'd like to share a room." She whispered, looking up at him with innocent eyes. He rolls his sarcastically, scrunching his nose at her response.

"Always invading my areas, aren't you, McGonagall?" He taunts, and she laughs, gently hitting him in the shoulder. The two fall into a comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company, before he speaks up again.