nine

"Bloody hell, what happened?!" Exclaimed Aurora, kneeling next to a very whiny Weasley boy. He was clutching his right shin, tears flowing out from his eyes.

"He just didn't see it, and it just hit him, and he fell, and I tried to catch him, and-" Rambled Hermione, her hands shaking. Seeing as Ron was quite literally her soulmate, even though she wouldn't admit to it, she was shaken up. She was clearly panicking, and Aurora knew that wouldn't help Ron in any way.

Aurora sent Harry a pointed look, and he gently put his hands on Hermione's shoulders, backing her up so she didn't have to see Ron in such a state. Ginny held Ron's head in her lap, and Fred and George just stood there, not knowing what to do.

"Alright, Ronnie, I need to look at your leg." Says Aurora, placing a hand on his arm and gently pulling it back, so he wasn't clutching it as hard.

"Blimey, Rory, I think I'm done for." He wheezed, trying to relax into Ginny, but his face growing red as he tries to hold in his heavy breaths.

Aurora looks at the injured leg, and saw that the bone was clearly snapped in half. It wasn't protruding from the skin, but the deep bruising and uneven shin made it obvious. Aurora sucked in a sharp breath at the sight of it, but plastered a smile on to assure Ron. Hermione's quiet cries can be heard, so her smile wasn't doing much to soothe his mind, but she still tried.

"You fell a great distance off your broom, Ron, is anything else hurting?" She asks, and Ron's eyes flick down to her own, before he looks back up at Ginny's smiling face. She was also doing her best to reassure him, and she was doing a much better job than the other girls.

"I stopped his fall, he didn't hit the ground hard." Says Hermione from Harry's arms, sniffling and pushing by the boy. She walks over to Ron's side and kneeled down, taking his hand into her own.

"Mione remembered the Slowing Charm, she's real bright in mad times." Said Ron quietly through his clenched teeth, squeezing Hermione's hand. Tears filled her eyes, but she blinked them away and smiled at the boy.

"Is it just a broken leg? I can fix that, as well." She said, looking down at the swollen leg. Her eyes flashed with pain, but she kept her strong demeanor, which is shocking for Hermione.

Aurora nodded at the girl, and they switched spots, Aurora taking his hand. Before she pulled out her wand, Fred crouched down on the opposite side of Ron, holding his other hand, and George crossed his arms, and worried look displayed on his face as he watched Hermione's actions.

"Are you positive you got this, Mione? Should I still contact Mum?" Asks George, looking between the girl, and his troubled brother. Hermione glared up at him, but furrowed her brows, nodding.

"I've used the spell countless times on Harry and Gin, I'm sure I've got this," She responds, turning her attention back to Ron, "Alright, Ron, this is going to hurt a bit, but it'll be over soon." She says, before muttering Brackium Emendo.

Ron let out a painful cry and squeezed Fred and Aurora's hands as his bone shifted back into place with a painful crack. The group winced at the loud scream, but it was over shortly, leaving a breathless Ron.

His leg was still madly bruised, and he himself looked miserable, but his leg seemed to be much more even, meaning Hermione's spell was casted correctly. George immediately went to Ron's side, and the twins helped him up, making sure to keep all the weight off his leg. The bone was repaired, but that didn't mean he was magically healed to full health; he would need to take time to rest.

Ron whimpered as his older brother's led him inside, and Ginny smiled at Hermione, pulling her in for a hug.

"You truly are the brightest witch of your age, Mione." Said Harry, patting her on the shoulder. Her strong demeanor had fallen, and she was now crying into Ginny's arms.