twenty seven

The ride back home was unusually quiet, but when they all returned to the burrow, the energy livened. Harry and Ron were off doing their own thing, so the twins began to initiate Aurora and Angelina as their workers at the shop.

George handled the legalities having to do with Angelina, while Fred took care of Aurora's side. He explained the dress code, what specific jobs she would partake in, and the salary she would earn.

"George and I decided we probably shouldn't rush to open, and it would be best to wait until students had the time to visit, so business would start off swell. You have time to get settled in before you're overwhelmed, so to speak." He explained, and Aurora nodded attentively.

Her gaze drifted across the shop, where the miscellaneous bells, whistles, and lights were off, the only light being the natural light flowing in through the large windows. It was a peaceful setting, and the fact that she now had a job there made it feel homey. Fred grabbed her hands and she turned her focus back to him, seeing a small smile on his lips.

"Now that you're an employee, I have control inside and outside of the bedroom." He said innocently, and Aurora's cheeks flushed. He sent her a wink before walking over to his brother, who just finished talking to Angelina.

Aurora stood there dumbfounded at her boyfriend's sexual comment, but Angelina begins to head her way, knocking her from her trance. She felt no true reason to be hesitant around Angelina, but she trusted Hermione, and planned to take her advice and be careful.

"This job sounds splendid, being around the twins in their optimal scene...it'll be lovely." She says, looking over at the redheads as they looked over the clipboard of inventory. Aurora nodded her head in response, thinking it would actually be quite enjoyable.

"I don't know if I'll be able to keep my hands to myself, if you know what I mean," She whispered, leaning in closely, "They look absolutely divine in those suits, don't you agree?" She said, winking at Aurora. The way Angelina included Fred in her statement angered Aurora in a way, and she clenched her jaw, focusing her vision on the firework display while nodding. Angelina noticed her shift in mood, and elbowed her in the side, laughing.

"Oh. Aura babe, it's all in good fun! I'll always be completely professional with Fred, you don't have to worry about that!" She exclaims, loud enough for the twins to hear, who look over in confusion.

"Come again?" Says Fred, walking over with George behind him. Aurora's cheeks heat up, and she looks down at her feet, hearing Angelina chuckle beside her.

"Oh, it's nothing, darling, Aurora was just worried me and you wouldn't maintain a professional relationship." She says, ending her sentence with a sarcastic scoff. The way Angelina spoke, it put Aurora in a position where she was portrayed as childlike and immature, and Aurora didn't like it at all.

Aurora looked up at Fred, who had a confused look on his face while he stared at Aurora, and George just looked humored next to him. Angelina placed her hand on Aurora's shoulder, pulling her attention back to her.

"We're all a bunch of friends here, some more so than other," She says, winking at George, "No need to fret!" She finished, and George nodded in agreement, grabbing Angelina's hand.

"Right." She mumbled, breaking away and heading to Fred's office. She closed the door behind her, looking through the large windows at the three of them in the shop, Angelina and George conversating while Fred looks around for something to do.

Aurora was excited to begin working at the shop, but something about what Hermione had said made her unable to be truly happy about it. After all, she's known Hermione for much longer than she's known Angelina, and Ron, as well. She made eye contact with Fred, and he smiled at her, making his way to his office.