twenty two

Fred groaned deeply, stretching his arms and legs out, and nearly pushing Aurora off of the bed in the process. She felt her hips slide over the edge, and grabbed onto his torso, pulling herself back up with a huff.

She looked up at the boy as he just smiled at her, probably laughing to himself. Aurora took her turn to stretch, a high pitch sigh leaving her lips at the sense of relief it brought her.

"Good morning, sunshine." Rasped Fred, and the voice alone gave her butterflies. She wondered if she would ever get used to the voice he had after sleeping for a bit of time.

"Good morning, handsome." She coos back, and she could have sworn she saw a blush spread through his cheeks; it was adorable.

There was chatter heard from downstairs, but they were too high up to hear exactly whose lips it was coming from, so Aurora decided to get up. She left her sweatpants and jumper on, and motioned for him to join her. Fred reluctantly got out of bed, groaning in the process, and a smirk came to his lips as he ran for Aurora. In one swift motion, he had lifted Aurora over his shoulder, his hand placed on her backside in order to hold her in place.

"Fred Weasley, you put me down right now!" She exclaimed, jokingly beating her fists into his back. She seemed to have no effect on Fred, and he chuckled as he walked down the stairs.

For a moment, Aurora was afraid that he'd drop her, or her head would hit a wall, but Fred was very careful. He made sure to take turns slowly, and didn't go too fast as to where he'd lose control, and even though he was holding her upside down, Aurora appreciated it.

She saw his feet as they came into the den, and she heard Molly laugh at the two before she was put down. Getting rid of the dizziness she obtained from the trip down the stairs, she looked to see Fred hugging George, and smiled to herself. Her eyes drifted to the side, only to land on Angelina, and her stomach twisted.

Angelina was already glaring at Aurora, and she would be lying if she said she didn't want to glare back, but that would be childish. Aurora was going to be the bigger person, knowing it would get under Angelina's skin more.

"Ang, good to see you, babes!" She exclaimed, walking over to her and pulling her in for a tight hug. Her back was to Molly and Arthur, so she knew that Angelina wouldn't be able to grimace or say rude things to her without them knowing.

She felt Angelina's arms hesitantly go around her waist as she hugged her back, patting her back lightly. Aurora looked over in Fred's direction, and he had a look of confusion on his face. She pulled away from Angelina, and sent her a wink before walking over to George, pulling him into a hug.

"McGonagall, I missed you!" He exclaimed, picking her up slightly. The two of them laughed as he set her back down, pulling away and smiling at each other. She walked back over to Fred's side, and looked over to see Angelina fuming, but trying to keep her composure for the sake of the Weasley parents.

Aurora would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy seeing Angelina so bothered.

"Tell us about the trip!" She exclaimed, taking a seat on the couch, followed by Fred. Molly clasps her hands and sits in the lounge chair, while Arthur runs to the kitchen, making himself busy so he doesn't have to listen.

"It was brilliant, we-" Started George, but Angelina soon cut him off.

"We went skiing, messed about in the snow, traveled to some shops, ate at extravagant restaurants, watched movies in the warmth of my cabin, and had a ball." She said, mustering up as much happy energy as she could, which clearly was just enough, since Molly didn't seem fazed.

"That sounds lovely, you two, I'm so glad you had a nice time, and back in time for Ginny and Hermione's departure at that! Perfect!" She said happily, getting up to join her husband in the kitchen.